MK5 Golf GTi low oil pressure warning

Associate
Hi all.
Been scratching my head over and over again with this issue.
Low oil pressure warning (red flashing light)
I've recently had over £2000 of repairs done to my Mk5 GTi.
Along with the repairs that were needed I've also had the oil pick up pipe replaced, sump cleaned out, oil pressure switch replaced.
Whilst it was stripped the technician also inspected the oil pump and balance shaft and my main end bearings and everything was perfectly ok with them.
After I had the pick up pipe replaced sump cleaned and pressure switch replaced I'm still getting the low pressure warning after the car has warmed up.
I'm at a loss now I've spent a small fortune on this car and I can't seem to fix the low pressure issue.
Any advise? Maybe use a thicker oil it's currently got 5w30 in, would you recommend using 5w40 or even 10w40?
Also I have had 3 oil pressure tests carried out and my engine if producing the right amount of pressure.
Many thanks in advance

Associate
OP
Thanks for you reassuring reply @Scania my engine runs very smooth it's quiet, no knocks and clanging noises.

The year is a 2006 and has 136,200 miles on it now but it does drive superbly.

I am hoping it is an electrical fault as I said I had the oil pressure sensor replaced 3 days ago now.

The warning only seems to come up and beep when the engine reached 90 degrees though and yes always normal driving under normal acceleration I never over rev my car.

Either way I'm still baffled by this.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
@Lashout_UK.
Dipstick and oil are all perfectly fine.

I do agree with you that this issue lies elsewhere. I'm just wondering where! Could it be something as simple as the electrical connection that plugs into the sensor itself?

Or maybe a long time outstanding software update that hasn't been done?

@Cyber-Mav has the filter housing checked and no double gasket everything is where and how it could be.

Associate
OP
Thanks all for your replies.

I've had the engine knocks sorted it was a variable valve timing issue on the exhaust cam I believe the car is now running smooth and quiet and no knocking whatsoever.

Drives smoother feels like a completely different car.

I just want to get this oil pressure warning sorted now and it's driving me nuts doesn't happen all the time but when it does happen it drives me crazy!

Associate
OP
Hi bud.

I didn't ever manage to sort it ended up getting rid of the car was causing me way to much grief and costing and absolute fortune to keep putting right.

The car ended up being one issue after another.

Really do hope you manage to sort you issue out though and don't have the same issues I had.

Back
Top Bottom