ML 110 G6 with 2x WD Red 4TB ?

Associate
Hello,

I need to upgrade storage of HP ML 110 G6 with 2x WD Red 4TB.
As searching through forums I found information that only 2TB SATA are supported for using with integrated B110i .
As I must have RAID in this setup, here is the issue.
I could get Lycom PE-115H and I just wanted to know if it is supported with ML 110 G6 , off-course considering that WD Reds 2x4TB would be usable?

TY

Last edited:
Thank you for quick response Armageus, I also was leaning towards P212, but friend offered me for testing that taiwan Lycom, so I just wanted to check if anyone used it in similar situation. 2x4TB will be 2nd logical drive in RAID 0
I suppose with P212 I could also get a chance to keep 1st logical drive transfer from B110i (2x500GB Win2008) without breaking RAID and needing to do BareMetalRestore on new controller.

Yep. Bought the ML110 G6 off a mate a few years back with a Pentium G9650 installed, and used it as a ESXi lab host... upgraded the processor to a Xeon X3450, stuck in a couple of sticks of matching memory, those hard drives, and it's running as a NAS and Plex server quite nicely.

This is the first information I found that 4TB can be seen through B110i in RAID mode, everywhere else there were issues like this one:
febxhu
https://prnt.sc/febxhu
febxhu

Undergroove if catch up time on next reboot, please share BIOS version, thanks.

Update on upgrading storage :
-I kept integrated B110i for OS drives
-Installed on Marvell 19xx RaidCard with 2x4TB in R1 mode,
everything is working nicely and prob will keep configuration.

Thanks to community for support, cheers ;)

Back
Top Bottom