Mmmmmmmm, new PC :)

Soldato
Well, I've paid for my new system... I bought it from a PC retailer and got the following (for the princely sum of a little over 1300 quid)

AMD x2 4400+
1GB DDR 3200 RAM
250Gb HDD
256Mb nVidia 7900GT
19" Viewsonic VX912W
DVD rewriter
802.11bg wireless card.
Creative Inspire T6060 5.1 speakers
Floppy disk drive with media card reader.
and a 3yrs OSM warranty.

Usually I'd buy all the parts and build it myself, but this time I just want something that works out the box, and that I don't have to worry about if anything goes wrong with my components. I know I paid a little over the odds for it, but I think that it's gonna be worth it.

Next upgrade for it will be a Creative Soundblaster FPS edition and another 1gb of RAM. :)

Soldato
OP
Zefan said:
Damn willy waver :p

Mine's bigger

Lol! :)

I'm just excited... I've been sans PC for about a year, I sold it last Feb to fund my extra spendage one month for a car... and now... NOW I can play BF1942: Desert Combat AND BF2 on it!

Oh how I've missed having something to play games/DVDs/music on :)

Ahhhh! :)

Associate
Everythings smoking so far... super smooth and fast. Only thing is im using some old monitor and speaker system i found in loft as old rig is at my uni, so not exactly experiencing it in its full glory yet.
Only thing thats not AO.K is even after chipset and ATI omega drivers installed, theres still a couple 'unkown devices' in hardware, but im guessing thats as i havent updated XP yet and cant do that til i get proper key from.... my old rig.
Also my samsung HDD comes under safetly remove hardware in taskbar which i think is strange, other than that fine.

Soldato
OP
indie_85 said:
Only thing thats not AO.K is even after chipset and ATI omega drivers installed, theres still a couple 'unkown devices' in hardware, but im guessing thats as i havent updated XP yet and cant do that til i get proper key from.... my old rig.

It may be your onboard (mobo) soundcard / network card or chipset driver?

Although if you've used the Omega drivers and not installed the WDM pack you will also have unknown devices because it wants to install the Video Capture Driver. (I assume the x1900xt is VIVO?)

:) HTH

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom