Mobile App Development

Soldato
Hi, please move if this is the wrong thread.

Ok, has anyone got or seen the Wetherspoons Order & Pay App?
I've been charged with developing something very similar for our establishment.
I think its only on ios but i'd need ours to work on android too.

First off, i'm not a dev, would like to be involved in it, but doubt i'll get round to it. So i need to engage with devs that could actually produce bespoke apps like the Wetherspoons one.

Do we have any app gurus on here? if so, please get in touch as i need advise on this asap.

Cheers

If you cant build it yourself then you're going to need to get a development company in to do it - so i'm not sure what useful advice we can give? Expect to pay well into 5 figures for it.

I would say that you'd probably be better building it as a website rather than an app. People are more likely to use it then rather than downloading and installing the app.

Your reply is advice mate :) and i thank you for that.
There's people on here who do develop apps, just waiting for someone to wander by and join in. I'll almost certainly need to engage with a 3rd party to have them develop it, but it does need to be an app, not website as we already have that which offers some of those features.
There are specific reasons why it needs to be an app, which i can't really go into on here as its in early stages.
I'd love to give it a go myself, but something like the wetherspoons app would take a good while and a lot of expertise i'm sure.

I work for a mobile app dev company - although not as a mobile dev myself, I take care of the APIs the apps use. All I can suggest is that you create the apps natively for their target device. There are a lot of frameworks which promise multi-platform compatibility, but there are quite a few compromises to be made when going down this route.

If you also value your brand I'd suggest using a reputable company and ensure that you have a good support plan with plenty of coverage after the app has shipped.

Back
Top Bottom