Mobile Database Application

Soldato
Looking for a bit of advice!

Got a current windows mobile 6.5 application which has a fairly complex SQLite database (20+ tables). We're migrating the application Android and iOS, and as they both support SQLite I was hoping it would be a fairly easy exercise!

The main question I have is deployment. At the moment the SQLite database is a pre-defined database, and the application only allows the user to update when the data is in the right state (i.e. the user has uploaded all the information they have put in).

All the examples I've seen for Android have the database being built up in code, and I'm also unsure of if / how you can stop updates happening if the data isn't in the right state (data loss is unacceptable), as the Windows Mobile application controls the update, where as for the newer generations it's all 'Store' driven.

So in summary:
1) How is it best to manage database structures - can you deploy a db designed in a GUI?
2) Can you have any control over the update process? If not how to do manage data to ensure nothing is lost; create a copy of the database and hydrate - really want to avoid creating the database structure in code?

Back
Top Bottom