mobile development

Soldato
Hi all,

I am going to be developing some mobile only websites soon but it's not something i've really touched on before.

Anyone any links or advice on responsive/mobile designs, testing etc?

Thanks

Associate
When you say mobile only are you planning on a separate design for other platforms (desktop etc)? If you want something that is usable on most screens it may be worth looking at responsive design. There are tons free frameworks you can use to do this that aim at Mobile first, frameworks such as

Foundation
Bootstrap

Both of these are extremely popular so will benefit from lots of information available.

Soldato
OP
nice one thanks.

The pages i'll be building with be only used on mobile devices. It's for when people are out and about, scan a tag, loads the feedback page and off they go.

I've built them and they look great on desktop, but they don't sit right on mobile so I've decided i may as well develop for mobile only.

Been playing with the Google Mobile friendly test, trying to find time to look into viewports, pagespeed insights etc. I've just been thrown from knowing a little HTML, CSS and PHP into what is becoming a full blown web dev :S

Associate
Sounds good, If you need to access native features of the mobile device (camera, GPS etc) you may need to look at something like a PhoneGap to access them fully.

For example a project like this may be helpful for scanning the tags.

Associate
I would recommend that you look at bootstrap. You can either use their frameworks or you can customise your own layouts using their code to detect the widths of the monitor of the devices that your website is currently being displayed on

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom