Modern FPS - recommendations please

Associate
Has anyone got any recommendations for a modern style FPS to play.

in the past i played a lot of Farcry 1 & COD4 in clans back in the day, and looking to get back into something similar but all the modern titles i have tried do not seem to meet up with my lofty expectations or nostalgia

Ideally looking for something that is a bit more open and bit less constrained than CS

I have tried a bit of Warface and like the mechanics but not so much that it seems you can pay to get better weapons which is a bit frustrating.

There seems to be 1000s of new cod titles since i last played MW2 , and not really sure what the best choice would be ? if these are the go to titles ?

thanks for your help

Associate
Obviously Far Cry 3-5 and then there's Battlefield 5. Depends what you're looking for. The Metro series are all excellent titles, but there's more of a focus on narrative.

Associate
OP
Obviously Far Cry 3-5 and then there's Battlefield 5. Depends what you're looking for. The Metro series are all excellent titles, but there's more of a focus on narrative.

really looking for a multiplayer with a decent level of full servers / match making which is a team game pvp,

not really interested in playing single player campaigns, or players vs computers /zombies

Soldato
TitanFall 2 for sure, it's awesome and costs about £3.

Single player alone is worth it. Still has a loyal multiplayer base, but probably won't be getting much in the way of updates. Phenomenal game.

Valorant is making a bit of noise lately.

Probably an off-the-wall comment, but also recommend you get a high refresh freesync/gsync display and a good modern gaming mouse. It adds massively to modern FPS games.

Last edited:
Associate
Can play COD Warzone free if you want the BR experience.

Doom 2016/Eternal are pretty enjoyable FPS.

If you want a CS alternative have a play with valorant, been having a bit of a love/hate relationship with it over the past month or two.

Permabanned
Battlefield 5 is good fun especially since I discovered Breakthrough after playing mostly Team Deatchmatch and Conquest mostly.

However after discovering Insurgency Sandstorm, all the other shooters are arcade like. I personally love Insurgency Sandstorm and recommend everyone to try it.

Back
Top Bottom