Modified Ikea Markus

Associate
Just wanted to show off my project that I have now finished but may still tweak some more in the future, this is the leather Markus, I replaced the arm rests with racer style chair arm rests, while more firm they allow me more flexibility, being able to make all the adjustments on them I need, the next thing I did was paint the legs black, they were silver before and before I painted them the legs just stood out because everything else was black, the foam inside has been replaced, I used a medium foam with a thickness of 8cm and I replaced the cover too using a black fabric, I also replaced the wheels, the stock wheels on the Markus is awful in my opinion, these wheels slide around on the floor easier and look better too being all black

JezRbom.jpg

Associate
I can see enough that it's a big improvement, much better adjustable arms than those curved Markus arms. Nice job.

Associate
OP
My bad with the dark photo, I just took my phone out and took a photo, the flash was too bright and I thought the photo with the flash off looked better and I did not think it was worth getting out my Panasonic camera to take a better photo as my battlestation is not complete just yet and I suppose my monitor and phone screen is too bright as I can see the image clearly but if I post another photo I will be sure that it is much brighter

Thank you to the who one likes the new arm rests and thank you to the other one that was going on about the wrinkle in the floor, that is unfortunate what happened to the flooring and I suppose the only solution is replacing the flooring if it does split

Soldato
My bad with the dark photo, I just took my phone out and took a photo, the flash was too bright and I thought the photo with the flash off looked better and I did not think it was worth getting out my Panasonic camera to take a better photo as my battlestation is not complete just yet and I suppose my monitor and phone screen is too bright as I can see the image clearly but if I post another photo I will be sure that it is much brighter

Thank you to the who one likes the new arm rests and thank you to the other one that was going on about the wrinkle in the floor, that is unfortunate what happened to the flooring and I suppose the only solution is replacing the flooring if it does split
My phone does exactly the same
If not well back the flash washes everything out
No flash its bit too dark
Unless I use night mode
P30 lite
Usually I end up using the demist filter on it which for a one click fix
Is actually pretty effective

Associate
OP
My phone does exactly the same
If not well back the flash washes everything out
No flash its bit too dark
Unless I use night mode
P30 lite
Usually I end up using the demist filter on it which for a one click fix
Is actually pretty effective

How funny because I also have a P30 but the P30 Pro though but yes the same happens with me

Associate

No worries, by replacing those curved arms you've definitely improved it a lot and made it a lot better chair IMO.

For anyone wondering how I can tell when the image isn't that clear, those arms are the standard 4D style chair arms that are much of a muchness, they don't look like much but are extremely comfortable for typing with many possible adjustments, a big improvement over the non adjustable and curved Markus arms.

Associate
OP
No worries, by replacing those curved arms you've definitely improved it a lot and made it a lot better chair IMO.

For anyone wondering how I can tell when the image isn't that clear, those arms are the standard 4D style chair arms that are much of a muchness, they don't look like much but are extremely comfortable for typing with many possible adjustments, a big improvement over the non adjustable and curved Markus arms.

Yes it sure does help having those 4D arm rests on there, the chair looks better and I find them more comfortable and with these arm rests I find I have a better posture as those curved arm rests and cause me to arch my back slightly

Associate
OP
Try demist filter
It's in edit/filter/weather /demist
Does decent job
Though shouldn't have to I know
Especially with the pro
Perhaps emui 10 update will improve it
Should be out pretty soon in the uk

The emui 10 update come through for me the other day, not had a chance to properly test the changes yet but hopefully there is some nice improvements

Associate
I'm tyring to improve my markus chair too, mainly the armrests. How did you do the arm rests? Can you link me the products you used? I'm not sure how to tackle adding a bracket/screws at the bottom of the chair. Thanks!

Associate
I'm tyring to improve my markus chair too, mainly the armrests. How did you do the arm rests? Can you link me the products you used? I'm not sure how to tackle adding a bracket/screws at the bottom of the chair. Thanks!

Not sure how they attached it, but if you Google 4d Armrests you'll easily find what they used, can get a pair for about £25. Shouldn't be too difficult to attach with some modification.

Caporegime
Lol the first reply. :p

Nice work.

RE: the photo, it isnt just the lighting. The thing you are trying to take a picture of isn't even fully in shot... Its like those ads for cars where each picture shows 1/4 of the car. I dont know how people manage it! :p

Associate
I just ordered a foam to replace my seat cushions thanks to your thread OP. Thanks for that, hadn't crossed my mind!

Back
Top Bottom