Moisturiser for men

Soldato
OP
I think it would help if those of you are using a moisturiser can post a pic of your face, and include your age and how long you have been using it. Preferably creamed up.

Associate
I have tried everything in my time. Cheap to expensive. Used that Biotherm stuff before but it was not that good I found.

I always go back to the same one and I will stick with it now.

Clinique M Lotion. It is quite expensive but you need a little. No shine and it works wonders. One tube lasts me most of a year.

http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1614/5645/Mens/3-Step/Moisturize/M-Lotion/index.tmpl

Yep, I literally just used it for the 1st time this morning. Hasn't ended up oily so far. I've been a long user of the Men-U stuff but will certainly stick with this for the future.

Associate
Can anyone recommend a face moisturiser for acne prone skin? Every time i use different moisturisers which happen to be in the bathroom, i end up with about 5 new white heads the next day.

Associate
Benzoyl peroxide - it is literally THE thing to use.

That dries skin out. I want a moisturiser that moisturises without blocking pores or has an active ingredient that prevents white heads. Using BP cream after moisturising is kinda counter productive don't you think? Also, i don't really want to have to use BP cream for the rest of my life and constantly have a white head on my face every day of the year. ;)

Soldato
OP
That dries skin out. I want a moisturiser that moisturises without blocking pores or has an active ingredient that prevents white heads. Using BP cream after moisturising is kinda counter productive don't you think? Also, i don't really want to have to use BP cream for the rest of my life and constantly have a white head on my face every day of the year. ;)
How old are you?

Associate
I'm 32 and suffered from cystic acne throughout my teens but it has died down now. Luckily i don't have any scarring but i do still have breakouts but using moisturiser makes it a lot worse.

Associate
oily for definite. No need for wd40 in this house. I can just put my face where lubrication is needed and the job is done. This is especially interesting when oiling my bike chain and gears.

Associate
I used to have really oily face skin and acne, took roaccutane a few years back and now it is crazy dry, have to use moisturiser every few hours or it will be visibly dry and sometimes flaky. I use Neutrogena oil free (orange and white tube) seems to be the longest lasting but can make my skin look greasy but I have to use it :(

Associate
oily for definite. No need for wd40 in this house. I can just put my face where lubrication is needed and the job is done. This is especially interesting when oiling my bike chain and gears.

ok, having oily skin myself, what works best for me is having a face wash that isn't too harsh something like the Anthony Logistics Glycolic face wash or the Clinique face wash (you don't want to strip the natural oils too much) and follow up with a non-oily moisturiser (unfortunately these tend to cost more) I've used the Men-u Matt moisturiser for a while which has worked well but have since moved to Clinique M gel (for nearly twice the cost) and it really is a nice non greasy moisturiser.

Back
Top Bottom