Monitor flashing, and most of the time, it goes black and doesn't come back.

Associate
Hello guys, I'm having a problem where out of nowhere my monitor goes black screen, it takes a few seconds and comes back, but there is an even bigger problem, sometimes it doesn't come back, it stays black for a while and then the monitor message appears saying no signal, then it doesn't come back anymore, to solve the problem I need to turn off the PC with the power button and turn it on again, pressing Reset doesn't work, the PC restarts but not the monitor, it will only work again if I turn it off completely with Power and turn it on again, then the monitor will show images again, this is bizarre to me.

Config:

LG Ultrawide Monitor 29UM69G-B

Motherboard: B450 Aorus M

Ram: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, but I don't use this speed, because for some reason, it keeps restarting the PC, even with XMP enabled.

SSD: 1TB NVMe (I forget the brand now)

Proc: Ryzen 5 2600

VGA: XFX 580 4GB

What I already tested:

I have tested with two other HDMI cables, and the problem persists. The bizarre thing is that I turn the PC off and on again, and it works again, but if I just reset it, the PC restarts, but the monitor doesn't show any image.

I tested it with a Display Port cable, and the problem continued.

My video card drivers were from March, and I had the problem, I updated to the most current one, and the problem persists; they recommended me to use the DDU to uninstall the driver entirely and use an older and stable driver, they recommended me the 20.11.2, I did that, and the problem persists.

I've disabled AMD Freesync, Enhanced Sync, HDMI Link Assurance, and none of this solved it.

I tested with another monitor and another cable that I used in this old monitor, and the problem persisted.

Until the beginning of this year, I didn't have this problem, and then it appeared out of nowhere. If someone can help me, I really appreciate it.

Soldato
Can you test monitor with any other image source device or other monitor with that PC?

That would help to narrow down where problem is.
Could be something in monitor's signal logics/its power.
Or it could be graphics card not waking up correctly.

Associate
OP
Can you test monitor with any other image source device or other monitor with that PC?

That would help to narrow down where problem is.
Could be something in monitor's signal logics/its power.
Or it could be graphics card not waking up correctly.
I tried with another monitor, and the problem persisted, yet you think that I need to test the monitor with any other image source? Thank you for the help.

Then it looks like the problem is with your GPU. To double-check, try your monitor on another PC
I tried with another monitor, and the problem persisted, yet you think that I need to test the monitor with another PC? Thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom