Monitor Recommendation (ocuk stock)

kai

kai

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a monitor, as i have just purchased a new card (1660 Super)

Requirements:

24 or 27 inch
120hz + (currently on 60hz)
Pref G-sync

Majority of the time is for browsing, however i do play a fair amount of league of legends, and the odd chart titles such as Borderlands, COD etc.

I have just had an email from OCUK to say the following monitor is back in stock - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...r400-widescreen-gaming-monitor-mo-14b-ac.html

Budget 200 - 350 (max)

I have also looked at the Alienware AW2521HF & ASUS VG279Q.

There are just so many changes since i last looked at monitors (3 years ago) with my old TN panel. Can anyone recommend anything or something i have missed.

Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone recommend a monitor, as i have just purchased a new card (1660 Super)

Requirements:

24 or 27 inch
120hz + (currently on 60hz)
Pref G-sync

Majority of the time is for browsing, however i do play a fair amount of league of legends, and the odd chart titles such as Borderlands, COD etc.

I have just had an email from OCUK to say the following monitor is back in stock - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...r400-widescreen-gaming-monitor-mo-14b-ac.html

Budget 200 - 350 (max)

I have also looked at the Alienware AW2521HF & ASUS VG279Q.

There are just so many changes since i last looked at monitors (3 years ago) with my old TN panel. Can anyone recommend anything or something i have missed.

I'm in the same situation looking for a 27" 1440p 144hz but there is a lot of choice and each have their own pros and cons. I've watched countless reviews online and was going to get the LG 27GL850 at £499 but I've been thinking that I don't want to spend that much. The RTINGS website is the best I've found for reviews that go in depth.

Soldato
Have you checked the clearance stock?

OCUK are open to offers on them I believe, and one or two people have reported that they've received pretty much brand new monitors. I think @Mcnumpty2323 mentioned buying one but I could be wrong, I'm sure he'll be along to tell you.

You might snatch a bargain.

Also worth pointing out that Nvidia cards will work on Freesync.

Associate
I'll have a look too there. I got my current monitor on clearance from OCUK, an LG 29UM68-P 29" 2560x1080 IPS, and it's been great. I want to go up to 144hz though.

Soldato

OCUK are open to offers on them I believe, and one or two people have reported that they've received pretty much brand new monitors. I think @Mcnumpty2323 mentioned buying one but I could be wrong, I'm sure he'll be along to tell you.

yes i did
gigabyte ad27qd the box was bit scuffed
but monitor was immaculate

kai

kai

Soldato
OP

Yes, there is nothing in there at the moment that is IPS and over 60hz :(. Decided on this in the end : ASUS TUF Gaming VG249Q

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom