monitor turns off and on when the kitchen oven is on

Soldato
hey,
when the oven is on, and I can hear the heat level solenoid thing go on/off on the oven, my monitor turns off, and then back on again, same thing happens when my mum opens the oven to check the food on the inside , we're all on the ground floor ,but my PC/ monitor is plugged into a different ring than the worktop oven, there is no dedicated oven socket any more, because it is on the other side of the kitchen behind the fridge , when I had the downstairs refitted to cater to my disability by the council, they did not have enough money to move that socket because they had already gone over-budget by a lot, the electrics in the house have been checked and signed off twice by the council now since the work was done,
whatever it is does not trip the breaker box, and thankfully my PC is unnaffected
I'm thinking that the oven turning on and off is sending a small spike through the electrics, and my monitor's electrics are just a bit sensitive?
what do you think?
I'd love to find a way to stop it happening! is there something I could put between the socket, and the plug to smooth out a spike?
the monitor is a

Gigabyte Aorus 32 FI32U​

Last edited:
image.png

Most ovens will be right at or over (usually not provided with a plug) the rating for a normal ring socket. Most places I've lived in have them on a separate circuit with like a 32a MCB, etc.

for a normal ring socket. Most places I've lived in have them on a separate circuit with like a 32a MCB, etc.
can't use the seperate cooker socket, as it is still tucked away, because they could not move it with the budget they had,
saying this, I do still have the cooker and the PC/monitor on seperate rings, so I have no idea why one ring is affecting another ring.

Back
Top Bottom