Monitor

Associate
Hi, I am thinking of buying a new monitor, help me see which one is better pls.

- Viewsonic VX2235wm 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black (MO-060-VS)
- Samsung SM-215TW 21" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Silver/Black (MO-044-SA)
- NEC MultiSync® LCD20WGX2 20.1" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black/Silver (MO-009-NE)

- Acer AL2216W 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Silver/Black (MO-029-AC)

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Thanks, well I gave dell a thought but... had bad expriences with them so... yea pretty much explains all. NEC eh, why do you prefer nec over the other 3?

Associate
NEC because of the image quality + gloss.

Some of them also use TN panels which can be good but if your budget can afford better (like the NEC) I'd get one.

Associate
OP
The monitor will be used for mainly gaming. I have no preference in design as long as it isn't ugly. And features, the monitors offered in OcUk is pretty much the same. And the ones that caught my eye is pretty much those aboves. it seems that NEC is popular. What is TN panel btw?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I read the forum made by Gibbo. I might add this up to one of the choices,
Belinea 2225S1W 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black/Silver (MO-006-BE).

Man of Honour
Lolcb said:
The monitor will be used for mainly gaming. I have no preference in design as long as it isn't ugly. And features, the monitors offered in OcUk is pretty much the same. And the ones that caught my eye is pretty much those aboves. it seems that NEC is popular. What is TN panel btw?

It's important to be aware of the varying technologies used in TFT's today. Take a look at the details about TN Film, S-IPS, PVA and MVA here. This article might also help you decide between some of the more popular 20"WS models and help you understand where each will offer it's pros and cons. The NEC LCD20WGX2 is an excellent screen adn arguably one of the best for gaming in the market. It would be a good choice certainly.

Back
Top Bottom