Moon Knight (Marvel TV series)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Can't wait. Looks good although his costume looks more like Egyptian mummy than your typical superhero get up. Always thought he was Marvel's answer of Batman but I guess different as he has a mystical element to him.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I got a funny feeling his cockney accent is one of his personalities. So will no doubt revert to Mark Spectre persona once he links to Khonshu.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Absolutely brilliant stand aside Cap Falcon/ Winter Soldier, Wanda or Loki. There is new boy in town. Possibly my favourite show out of all of them.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Oscar Isaac said the English accent is intentionally bizarre and unconvincing, apparently he based it on Karl Pilkington of all people. :D

Had a feeling it was deliberate. Thought it fits his Steven Grant persona perfectly lol. Also MK also known as

Fist of Khonshu.

So I expect much violence.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I suppose people are saying there's a 3rd personality as he has 3 in the comics?

I read Moon Knight years ago and at the time of reading he had one main personality Mark Spectre so i guess the story evolved since then. Quite interesting and very well done transposing from comic book story onto TV adapation.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Enjoying the craziness so far, although they have a lot of answers to tie up (hopefully!) in the last 2 episodes.

As yet, there is no major link to the larger MCU, but hopefully there will be some sort of cameo or storyline thread that can continue in a future movie.

Edit: I must confess, it's really obvious that the scenes in London and Egypt were not filmed on location (to me anyway) which detracted a bit from it. Not sure if it was to save money or covid affected.

rp2000

Oscar did admit he never visited London at all throughout MK. Got to admit i have not been in years but it fooled me :D

Quite amusing some people are saying "standard marvel fare" when episode 4 was a total headf*** in the final act.

Agreed he not your typical super hero story so finding it quite good. Its one of these storylines similar to Punisher where he has a specific mission or purpose rather than just go around beating up or arresting bad guys.

I wondered if this would tie into anything else at all. I was thinking last night that the only tie in I could think of is:

Might it tie in with Thor? I don't know anything about this God Butcher character but I figured with this having lots of gods it might be a feasible link.

Its a good guess

From the Thor trailer we see Norse and now possibly Olympian Gods (Zeus and most likely Hercules). So adding Egyptian ones might not be too far off a stretch now that you mentioned Gorr.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
There were signs of a third personality, a far more violent personality, throughout the series.

Yes particularly blackouts when Mark said he wasnt in control. Also on the ship there was a 3rd sarcophagus chained up and violently trying to break free. Just a guess but following their rule presume Jack will most likely have his own MK distinct costume like Mark and Steven.

Is this show not too violent for you :D

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
My only complaint was I wish it was a few episodes longer. Really enjoyed it and probably my favourite Marvel series so far, edging out Loki

Same i was really surprised with the direction they went which makes its a novelty compared to other Super-hero shows. Oscar was superb and really shined and carried the show well. Just hope they dont lose him if they are making a S2. Easily my favourite show. Compare this to that drivel that was Falcon and WS.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Maya is now an option too if Oscar doesn't want to come back.
I actually mistyped which i corrected above. I hope he comes back and Marvel dont lose him. Successfully actors can just move on if they feel like they are beyond that type of material. Natalie Portman comes to mind in Thor. Personally i thought it was better without her and could be a mistake to bring her back. So remain to be convinced as at one point she thought she was too good for the Marvel movies and was only bound on contract.

Back
Top Bottom