Moon, Venus & Jupiter Pics

Soldato
did you used the Baader AstroSolar Safety Film. to put on the end of your scope or AstroZap Baader Solar Filter .

It was a Kendricks solar filter, which is basically the same film but has a casing that locks onto the scope - just like the Astrozap filter. As always - check for pinholes in the filter before use!

Last edited:
Associate
7074096401_b20252aa58_b.jpg

not very good still working on it

Associate
i been tring to pull out the stars but every time i try putting exposure,level etc on you see the preview it look good but the moment to flatten the layers or go to save the image to jpg it goes back to what it was before the exposure,level,color adjustments were added.. got another version i think it better than first one.

my main problem is back weight on the tripod as once telescope at angle of 75 and above degrees it will not stay in position it will keep moving upwards.

7074478189_90099307a2_b.jpg

Associate
i been tring to pull out the stars but every time i try putting exposure,level etc on you see the preview it look good but the moment to flatten the layers or go to save the image to jpg it goes back to what it was before the exposure,level,color adjustments were added.. got another version i think it better than first one.

my main problem is back weight on the tripod as once telescope at angle of 75 and above degrees it will not stay in position it will keep moving upwards.

7074478189_90099307a2_b.jpg

What is your setup and exposure settings? Something doesn't seem right.

Associate
the two attemp i mess them up. still trying to sort setting out but as i mention on my tripod if i move telesope above 65 degree angle the telescope just doesn't want to stay still. as for setup

skywatcher evostar 80ED ds Pro, 80mm extension tube, 2x 2" apo barlow lens, canon eos 550d, red snapper tripod.

Associate
It's just I would have thought, depending on your exposure settings, that you would have seen stars right away in the frame straight out of camera without having to PP and "bring them out". I know there would be more detail to bring out in PP but I would expect to see stars right away. The above frames seemed very dark and incredibly noisy. (might just be this monitor, will have to check when I get home)

Even with the scope moving I would have expected it to present trailed stars rather than pin sharp but to still be able to see them.

I haven't used a scope for imaging yet, only done wide field shots, so not sure if that is normal or not but it just seemed odd.

Last edited:
Associate
i though i give the scope a try, i've used it on the moon. their weren't too many stars visible and what star their were, i couldn't get the angle to view them as telescope as they were all above 65 degree angle. if i was was in an open field and with no obstruction then it be fine but in a back yard with house's around me, im stuck. idealy i need to get a better tripod/mount been looking at the HEQ5 as it light enough to make it portible. plus it has counterweight systems so the i can pretty much get any angle i can think of and it be stable and secure so no fear of telescope and camera falling off it.

couldn't see much on through the viewfinder so i try my luck. did pan out will try better next time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom