Mooooo ....SMASH!

Soldato
Hey :(

So driving down M4 on sunday and all of a sudden i see this Massive Bull in the middle of the motorway in my lane. I was going at 80MPH. This was at 1am and i did not see it until last millisecond. Anyway, it wrecked my car badly. Pics.

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

So, waiting to hear if its a write-off or not. What do you reckon?

Well the only damage is the front side panel, the rear is fine. Dont know if there are any damages underneath.

Also, the airbags didnt inflate, the just appeared as in pictures, which was extremely scary and not right! So i will be going to VW and having a 'word'.

As far as my health, i escaped without any extremely major injuries. I suffered from some lung bronxilocious or something from smoke inhalation, bruising ribs and extreme shock.

According to the police this is the third time this has happened in the last 7 days.

If its a write-off what do i buy!!!! :( I loved this car. I'm so sad at this. :(

So, any ideas? :( lol.

Soldato
OP
The police are tracking the farmer and following up on this.

Maybe i am missunderstanding how a airbag works. I crashed, i was fully conscious and knew what was happending and the airbags just didnt seem to do anything that i thought you would do, i.e soften the blow.

About 6 months ago i took the car to the VW Garage saying the AIRBAG FAULT LIGHT was on, they checked it and said everything was fine (took them 3 appointments to come to this conclucsion...muppets) and now that ive crashed, they didnt work properly so i will be taking this up with VW.

The Bull died straight away....no **** !!! The stuff on the windscreen is his hair and blood/mud.

Soldato
OP
When i crashed, i shouted '****' very loud. I swirved into the hard shoulder. Tried to phone police but both my phones had no battery so i had to try and flag someone down on the motorway which was quite scary. Eventually a lorry driver stopped after seeing a massive cow on the hard shoulder dead as hell with me waving my arms about. Though i was going to die actually because i couldnt breath well at all. So the lorry driver stopped dragged me in his lorry and called all the services, police ambulance and fire and they arrived within 7 mins (Was M4 between J18 and J19). So they rushed me away to hospital and was there about 5 hours getting treament for lungs.

I was actually on my way home from Heathrow (holiday in Helsinki with GF). And i was meant to be starting new job the next morning!!!!!! Not a good time to happen. I started new job on Wednesday. Im so glad my GF wasnt in the passenger side, i dont even want to think what would have happened.

Waiting to hear from Garage and Police to see waht the next steps are. Going out to see what cars i can get. Funnily enough, i was looking to buy an R32 last week so will see what i get from GTI and try my best to get R32!! I am off out now to look at some at local garage so will see what happends!

I am just so lucky and grateful to still be alive!

Soldato
OP
I did find it funny when the police gave me breath test. I was struggling and to breathe and says "Breath as hard as you can into this thing" I CANT F-ING BREATHE!!!!!!! lol.

Have to wait until Monday to hear the good news. Just got back from Dealers and found a GTI for 14795 which i DO NOT WANT. I also saw the car i want (but not in the colour they had) a DBP R32 mmmm :) It was 22950. Its the perfect time for an upgrade if ever i am going to do so.

Soldato
OP
I would just like to point out a few things.

The Cow was just stood in the middle of my line doing nothing - Stupid Cow.

I have Xeons but still didnt see him until last second - No, im not blind, my eyes are fine. Even if i saw him, i would have swerved and that would have been thousands time worse, as i would have gone into all the lanes and been smashed up completely.

I didnt take any picture of the Bull but my brother told me it was MAHHOOOSIVE. I dont know what they did with the dead cow? Highway People sorted it out.

Soldato
OP
Saw a 08 Ed30 at the garage for 1k more than the R32 they had (which was 07). Im not a fan of the alloys on the Ed30 but boy did the Ed30 look sooo nice. Will have to think about this one.

Anyone can hazzard a guess as too how much i would get from insurance? They are phoning me tomorrow so will see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom