more antec 300 pics..

Soldato
OP
elo.

i decided against hacking the case up, but ive made some changes to try n make cable management better, so thought id post to give u sumit to look at:o

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

watcha tink? any ideas to make it better?

Last edited:
Soldato
hey edgey, thanks for the pics. im trying to get mine sorted. how did you get the usb cable to stretch longer. im using a matx motherboard. and i can only just get them on and they feel stretched.

EDIT: right ive just spent the last 2 hours (very sweaty ones) doing cable management. it was very hard but i took some of your ideas which helped me out. Since my 24pin/4pin connections are so oddly placed that it makes it difficult to hide them. but the rest of the wires i did my best on (doesnt help that im still using ide for my hdd). ill get some pics up as soon as ive recieved and fitted my new sharkoon silent eagle fans and akasa fan controller.

I see you took the 140mm fan out...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
yea i managed to snap one of the fins of the 140mm fan:( i didnt realise it would be so difficuilt to replace.

my usb n sound wires are the normal length at the moment but they are very stretched which is probably a bad idea but oh well :/

looking good jennidc:)

edit: no there isnt any holes under the PSU, it would make more sense to have it fan facing up but it doesnt seem to get hot or anything the way it is.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
yea i managed to snap one of the fins of the 140mm fan:( i didnt realise it would be so difficuilt to replace.

:)

actually i didnt see a big change in the cpu temps after taking it out, mabye a few C here and there but no major change supprizingly. mind the reason i took it out is because i didnt think it was working proplerly (snapped the blade when testing it out of the case). so mabye had the fan been working properly (if it was broken) before i took it out of the case, i would have seen a bigger temp change.

bit of a mouth full

Last edited:
Associate
i did put it that way originally as it seemed most logical, but then i saw some little hooks that lift it up of the bottum of the case (allowing airflow for the fan) so i decided to do that instead. the main reason i decided to change it over was for cable management which i am kinda fussy about.

hents the mod im planning to do in a few weeks.

i know this is nothing to do with your question, but i thought instead of making a new thread...

heres a mock up i did on paint :)oforgive the 1337 skills:o)

cablesafter2.jpg

the lil green and blue circles represent small led's that will be hidden behind the hd cage. the random colour'd cables are just so you can see where they all are and the black stuff at the bottom is the akasa sound proof stuff (mostly for looks to be honest).

im new to this, but think its Achievable?

I did notice a little ledge when I installed mine fan side up, is that what the ledge is for? It gives enough/adequate air flow? Would be great to get the main loom next to the mobo tray.

Associate
yea i managed to snap one of the fins of the 140mm fan:(

me too ed sucks eh, ive got a freezer 7 in mine pointing upwards to where the 140mm was, was a good 5c cooler with the fan

ive got a Arctic Cooling Accelero too :D it had 2 80mm fans strapped to it for a short while but went back to the turbo fans

the bost 140 sucks hard though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom