More excel 2007 wizardry

Soldato
Can I create a table from specific data in another table?

I have a tab, lets call it Inbound, 'cos thats what it is, that lists every delivery to my site, around 250 a day with a bunch of details.

What I need to do is create a table in anothwer tab that lists only the rows that have K>30 AND F>17:00 (5pm). I don't need the whole row either, just specific columns.

Is there an easy way to automate this? It needs to be idiot proof for when I am not on-site, or do we stick to copy/pasting to a helper sheet?

Thanks

Soldato
The simplest way i can think would be to use conditional formatting to highlight rows that meet the criteria, only downside is it wouldn't list as a new sheet, just make it easier to find for the existing table.

In terms of copying/pasting i can only think of a macro as a way to do it, but my expereince with them is limited and mostly confines itself to copying a cell based on user input to another.

Associate
Off the top of my head, you should be able to have a second sheet that runs IndexMatch formulae to capture all of K>30 from the first sheet, and then you could have a third sheet that runs IndexMatch to capture all of F>17:00 from the second sheet.

The results on that third sheet would be what you were after. And you could hide the second one.

Soldato
Could you not use an IF function? It would show gaps for anything didnt meet the criteria (ie the stuff that had been delivered) but you could apply a quick filter to it and sort of hide the blanks.

Back
Top Bottom