Most Impressive 4K Movie

Soldato
I thought The Greatest Showman looked fantastic. It was the first thing I watched after buying my C9 so it does stand out. Not watched an awful lot lately, light and hot nights aren't movie nights to me.

Permabanned
Batman returns is also up there

I'll probably pick them up on disc too at some point

That first 3 are all 4k i too will buy them alongside the Nolan Trilogy. Actually the Trilogys are a good buy Rambo, Matrix, Jurassic park all 4k.

I always check Ultrahdreviews or highdefdigest first to see the bitrate and soundtrack. I still think they are milking some released by holding back on an 8k or Atmos. That is the pinnacle of Cinema 4-8k with Atmos.

Soldato
That first 3 are all 4k i too will buy them alongside the Nolan Trilogy. Actually the Trilogys are a good buy Rambo, Matrix, Jurassic park all 4k.

I always check Ultrahdreviews or highdefdigest first to see the bitrate and soundtrack. I still think they are milking some released by holding back on an 8k or Atmos. That is the pinnacle of Cinema 4-8k with Atmos.

I have the matrix trilogy and all 5 jurrasic parks in 4k DV, I wasn't that impressed with the matrix and I haven't watched the jurrasic films yet bar the two latest which did look good.

Another trilogy that does look fantastic is the planet of the apes (the new ones) the pq is stunning.

Nolan films are hit and miss as he doesn't care so much for 4k transfers afaik. I have inception and interstellar, I've only watched interstellar so far which was ok pq wise.

I have the dark Knight trilogy on ATV HD only and also have the blu rays is it worth getting the 4k versions?

Permabanned
I have the matrix trilogy and all 5 jurrasic parks in 4k DV, I wasn't that impressed with the matrix and I haven't watched the jurrasic films yet bar the two latest which did look good.

Another trilogy that does look fantastic is the planet of the apes (the new ones) the pq is stunning.

Nolan films are hit and miss as he doesn't care so much for 4k transfers afaik. I have inception and interstellar, I've only watched interstellar so far which was ok pq wise.

I have the dark Knight trilogy on ATV HD only and also have the blu rays is it worth getting the 4k versions?

Well do you think ATV HD use 80mb+ 150gb+ files? The 4K UHD is compressed likely and 35mm films contain 6k of detail give or take. So yea a 4k dark knight trilogy would be a good natural upgrade but i think with the imax scenes being 16k you should expect a re release within 6yrs i think.

Thats the kicker with current gen, 4k is not quite 35mm film quality and 8k is probably overkill on the older non digital 35mm films so a lot will still be re released and scanned again and resold.

Soldato
Well do you think ATV HD use 80mb+ 150gb+ files? The 4K UHD is compressed likely and 35mm films contain 6k of detail give or take. So yea a 4k dark knight trilogy would be a good natural upgrade but i think with the imax scenes being 16k you should expect a re release within 6yrs i think.

Thats the kicker with current gen, 4k is not quite 35mm film quality and 8k is probably overkill on the older non digital 35mm films so a lot will still be re released and scanned again and resold.

I was hoping for a simple "yes they look fantastic and a lot of care has gone in to them" or "no there isn't much difference between the BR and the 4K" or words to that effect. :p

Soldato
Whilst the few I’ve watched have been good, none have hit me as much as the remaster of Bridge on the River Kwai. Incredible picture quality that has for the age of the film.

Back
Top Bottom