Most reliable motherboards

Associate
I've always had Asus motherboards because of their reputation for reliability, but from my experience they seem to be pretty poor. Out of my last three boards, one had a known memory compatibility issue (I had to under-clock the memory) and my current one has issues on very hot days (took 4 boots to get into Windows the other day) and also during the colder months (hangs randomly). This board has been like it from new, although I can't be certain whether it's the board, the memory, the i7 CPU, or maybe the SSD, but it's never been overclocked and the temperatures have always been below 40C.

Are Asus still considered the best, or should I look at Gigabyte or MSI? I'm looking for a Coffee lake i7 machine. Are there any chipsets to avoid or go for? It's not for gaming and I won't be overclocking but some gaming potential would be good. I'm looking at a mATX with the H370 chipset but would go for others if I found the right specs.

Associate
OP
Are you buying the cheaper end boards or what?? Because high end ASUS I have these least issues and we are testing hundreds of things!! also how do you know its not the sticks themselves or the CPU IMC did you try them on a different board?? I dont get how you lose confidence in a manufacturer when your totally speculating the board is the issue???

If you are going to switch go AsRock this is a solid option and better than MSI and Gigabyte in my eyes.

H370 with an i7 come on man!!

I've bought a variety of boards. The best one was a budget one. My current unstable one was a pretty good spec, it was a ROG board. It's not practical for me to test the components in other machines. As it's now an old machine I'd need to source second hand parts and it would take months of testing. It can go many weeks without a single failure so I'd need to test is for a quite some time to know whether it has been fixed. Load doesn't seem to affect it, so a load test is also unlikely to prove anything.

H370 with an i7. Is that good or bad?

Back
Top Bottom