Most silent psu?

Associate
I' still using my old athlon 2100 and to be fair it goes as fast as I need it to. But everythings still a bit loud in general. I think its mostly the psu though...whats the best replacement which leaves me able to upgrade the innards if I change my mind later? And it must be whisper quiet. Are the seasonic/tagan/zalman as quiet as they claim? Whats the quietest? Thats really the most important question!

One reason why you should choose the Tagan TGxx0-U15 xxxW ATX2.01 Easycon SLi Compliant Modular Silent PSU (wattage acording to budget) is that while it has all the features you would want for an SLi A64 rig it has a small slider on the back of the PSU next to the cable which I have never seen anywhere else. The slider decides whether it should have two 12v lines as per the ATX 2 specification or whether it should have a single 12v line as per the ATX 1.3 specification.

Bottom line: it will work perfectly for your current setup but with a little flick of a slider will work with any future system.

Bottom line: it will work perfectly for your current setup but with a little flick of a slider will work with any future system.

The slider in any position will work with any system. The fact that we've gone from 1 single 12volt rail to 2 12volt rails doesn't make the slightest difference to whether the system works or not. After all, at the end of the day, you get exactly the same amount of power from the 12volt rail, whichever way the switch is flicked. It's just a gimmick to make Tagan sound cool.

mrochester said:
The slider in any position will work with any system. The fact that we've gone from 1 single 12volt rail to 2 12volt rails doesn't make the slightest difference to whether the system works or not. After all, at the end of the day, you get exactly the same amount of power from the 12volt rail, whichever way the switch is flicked. It's just a gimmick to make Tagan sound cool.

Well, all I can say is that I had an ATX2 spec PSU with twin 12v rails and it wouldn't power up an NForce2 board while an ATX1.3 PSU worked perfectly. The ATX2 one had the same ampage across its two 12v rails as the ATX1.3 but the latter worked and the former didn't.

Well, all I can say is that I had an ATX2 spec PSU with twin 12v rails and it wouldn't power up an NForce2 board while an ATX1.3 PSU worked perfectly. The ATX2 one had the same ampage across its two 12v rails as the ATX1.3 but the latter worked and the former didn't.

All I can suggest is that it was an incompatibility between the board and PSU. I have a friend with ATX2 power supply that feeds his AthlonXP system just fine (it's Via I believe). He simply has the extra connections hanging spare.

Back
Top Bottom