Mot testers over the top?

Associate
Are Mot tester getting a bit over the top now days?

just been given a "Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories): Items removed from driver's view prior to test ()" on my most recent test for one of those little tree shaped air fresheners, come on was that really necessary?

Associate
OP
Funnily enough I’m in a garage right now doing a ramseal and a couple of cable changes on his lifts.

The car they in at the minute just so happens to have a yellow magic tree hanging from the mirror, so I asked the tester would he fail or advise against that and he said no he wouldn’t. He knows the rules better than me and you and he still thinks that it’s a load of nonsense.

Moral of the story take it somewhere else next time.

Taking it somewhere else isn't going to happen its been going to the same place for 7 years, looking at the testers name it looks like a different tester did it this time, obviously a bit more picky. Shouldn't moan in hindsight as its a 14year old car and if that's the only thing they can find i am doing well, just surprised me have always had one hanging in every test but never been noted before.

Back
Top Bottom