motherboard and CPU advice

Associate
good evening guys,

I've always managed to get some brilliant advice form you lot so i'm here again :)

I am looking to mod a chair with 2x 50w aura transducers. I've looked into it and I found a decent Dayton 100w amp but my old card only has 3 audio jack sockets (line in, line out, mic in) and not the 6 with one being the sub-woofer channel. For this reason i'm looking at getting a new mini-itx board and I have a few questions:

1) Do i bother upgrading the CPU if i'm going to change the board?
2) Does anyone have any tips on a decent board for my current CPU/a recommended new CPU? (needs full audio outputs)
3) should I just man up and give up on the mini-itx dream and get a mid tower, a full MB and enjoy the extra room for when i can finally afford a 1080ti?

bonus question: oh on a side note, I occasionally get booted to bios.. not entirely sure if its an overheating issue or a power issue but when i do the bios can't find the SSD that I have my OS installed to.. i have to shutdown and turn it back on a min later and its all fine. system doesn't appear to run hot though. any tips would be helpful.

cheers guys,

current system (micro build) (runs vr addequately, most non vr/non ultra HD titles very well)
case: cooler master elite 130 mini itx
Board: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VI IMPACT
CPU: 4.00 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4790K (bought in 2015)
cooler:cooler master seidon 10m liquid cooler kit
+ modded an extra case fan into the side of the case.
gpu: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
ram: corsair vengenance 2x8gb ddr3
power suppy: Corsair CXM 430W Semi Modular 80+ Bronze Power Supply
ssd: crucial mx100 256GB
hd: 1tb hybrid

Back
Top Bottom