Motherboards temps

Hi mickyflimm

Thanks for your reply, gavinh7's responce did not strike me as being funny,​

rather is struck me as an attempt to be clever. If that quality of responce is OK here then as you say I have decided close the thresd,I will not post here any more.
Stay safe,knowrriteye

Actually it's the NVME drives on Gigabyte x570
It depends on a lot of things, for example:
- How used the chipset is (if you have nothing connected to it, then I'd expect it to be cooler).
- The heatsink design for the chipset and how it is being cooled by e.g. airflow or heat pipes.
- The placement of the M.2 slots and also the placement of components on the drive (there's often a lot of empty space on the PCB).

With a large full-size ATX motherboard like X570 usually is, then I'd expect the influence of the chipset (or any other board component) on temps to be fairly small.

M.2 drives run pretty hot anyway, so even if they were say... 5 degrees hotter due to the proximity to the chipset, it wouldn't be something that I'd care about.

The problem with most AM4 motherboards I had was because the NVME was sandwiched between the motherboard and the GPU.
GPUs exhausting more to the sides than flow through design or blower (a rarity nowadays), makes the issue worse.
Depending on the case used, vertically mounting the GPU would help a lot. Another thing is the thermalpad originally supplied with the motherboard. MSI was very good. Asus I replace straight out the box. Even the cheaper Arctic thermalpad perform better.

Back
Top Bottom