Moto G 5th Generation

Associate
No compass which is a bit annoying on the g4
Did you mean G5? And when you say there's no compass, if you go into Google Maps and rotate the phone, is there nothing to indicate the direction you're looking in? Even on my G3 it clearly has a compass because Google Maps knows which way I'm looking when navigating. If the G5 doesn't have that then I won't even consider it.

Soldato
Would an iPhone 6 be better than this phone? Supposed to be buying my bros iP6 off him for £140 but could well stretch to £170 for this as I wanted to stick with Android and need a phone asap (have to wait 10 days for his to be sim unlocked by EE!)

Soldato
Did you mean G5? And when you say there's no compass, if you go into Google Maps and rotate the phone, is there nothing to indicate the direction you're looking in? Even on my G3 it clearly has a compass because Google Maps knows which way I'm looking when navigating. If the G5 doesn't have that then I won't even consider it.

Yeah the G4 doesn't have it. You have to move a certain distance before it knows which direction your moving in. Complete pain when leaving somewhere you often turn the wrong why before it corrects itself. On GSM arena is suggests the G5 does have it.

Have a G3 and it does have a compass yes. I have no idea why they'd not have it on the G4.

Associate
Just because it has GPS doesn't mean it has a compass does it ?
Strangely enough I didn't think my SU6 had a compass until 5 minutes ago when I opened Google maps and a compass calibration screen came up.
I wonder if that's as a result of the update to Marshmallow recently

Last edited:
Associate
If anyone can check if the G5 Plus has a compass I might consider that, and it's probably worth the extra £70 or so for the NFC and other improvements.

Associate
Has anyone managed the remove the Google search bar from the home screen? I disabled the Google app but it then just fills the void with a blank search bar which does nothing.

Back
Top Bottom