MOTO GP 2011

Soldato
Some great shot guys! Not been to photograph a MotoGP in a few years, kind glad I didnt go this year with the weather so bad :p

Although BMW have said they will not enter MotoGP until they have won a World Superbike championship...so we might have to wait a while for them!!!
:D

Didn't see that, yea we might be waiting a few years then :D though Badovini did an awesome job on Sunday on the BMW!

Associate
Really proud of Casey to get a win in the wet. I remember reading some articles about him and his use of (more like lack of) traction control compared to other riders. They were a pretty interesting read. Given the wet conditions I can imagine all the more challenging it made for.

http://www.gpone.com/index.php/201103313287/Stoner-s-secret-He-doesn-t-lean.html
http://www.visordown.com/how-to-do-just-about-anything/ride-casey-stoners-bike/11037.html

If Rossi does manage to develop more of the future Ducati there's no reason why he can't be more competitive on it.

Soldato
OP
I really do hope Rossi gets the bike sorted, its a 2 year contract we are in to year 1 now year 2 be a new class if it doesn't happen then what?

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/MotoGO+class+entires+in+2012

Is this new teams to be in the 2012 season then? Hopefully a more packed grid will do the sport some good. Although attendance figures don't appear to be as high in WSBK they have a lot more bikes.

Soldato
So then, Assen next...most likely not one of Staceys favourite tracks of recent years.

He did get on the podium in 2010 and the way its looking (bloody ominous! :D), he should be upfront from the word go in 2011.

So, Stacey for 1st...discuss where the 6 people or however many are actually left now will finish!!!
:)

Soldato
FP1

1 58 Marco SIMONCELLI HONDA 1'49.036
2 46 Valentino ROSSI DUCATI 1'49.396 0.360 0.360
3 27 Stacey MOANER HONDA 1'49.527 0.491 0.131
4 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO HONDA 1'49.640 0.604 0.113
5 1 Jorge LORENZO YAMAHA 1'49.995 0.959 0.355
6 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW YAMAHA 1'50.386 1.350 0.391
7 17 Karel ABRAHAM DUCATI 1'50.413 1.377 0.027
8 5 Colin EDWARDS YAMAHA 1'50.968 1.932 0.555
9 69 Nicky HAYDEN DUCATI 1'51.277 2.241 0.309
10 11 Ben SPIES YAMAHA 1'51.590 2.554 0.313
11 8 Hector BARBERA DUCATI 1'52.646 3.610 1.056
12 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA HONDA 1'53.132 4.096 0.486
13 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SUZUKI 1'53.164 4.128 0.032
14 24 Toni ELIAS HONDA 1'53.323 4.287 0.159
15 65 Loris CAPIROSSI DUCATI 1'53.348 4.312 0.025
16 64 Kousuke AKIYOSHI HONDA 1'53.353 4.317 0.005
17 14 Randy DE PUNIET DUCATI 1'53.562 4.526 0.209

motogp.com said:
Rain disrupted the MotoGP session from the start, but Simoncelli started the weekend in the best possible way, lapping 0.360s ahead of Ducati Team’s Valentino Rossi who is on board the GP11.1 Desmosedici for the Dutch TT. Completing the top three was Repsol Honda rider and series leader Stacey Moaner, who was close to half a second down on Rossi.

The two Italians had tussled to lead the timings early in the session, swapping first and second fastest positions until the Australian stepped into the mix. All three pulled out fast laps at the close of the session, with Simoncelli coming out on top. The three were followed by Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda) in fourth and Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) in fifth.

Cal Crutchlow, after breaking his collarbone only two weeks ago at his home Silverstone race, stuck in out for 13 laps to lay down a time that put him sixth in the standings.

Rookie Karel Abraham (Cardion AB Motoracing) carried his form over from the weekend in Silverstone with the seventh-fastest time, finishing the practice ahead of Americans Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) in eighth, Nicky Hayden (Ducati Team) ninth and Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing) in tenth. Héctor Barberá (Mapfre Aspar) followed with 11th place.

Hiroshi Aoyama who is replacing the injured Dani Pedrosa on the Repsol Honda team, put in a 12th fastest time in the wet session.

Last edited:
Associate
So then, Assen next...most likely not one of Staceys favourite tracks of recent years.

He did get on the podium in 2010 and the way its looking (bloody ominous! :D), he should be upfront from the word go in 2011.

So, Stacey for 1st...discuss where the 6 people or however many are actually left now will finish!!!

Casey Stoner doing well after crashing in practice. He's been on the podium since 2007 IIRC and won a race (2008??) so he should be in with a chance today. I'm proud of Ben Spies.

Where is Crutchlow?

Soldato
OP
Great race from him just when I thought Stoner would close that gap Spies put in some blistering lap times to make the gap bigger, goes to show the Hondas are at least beatable.

Bloody Simoncelli in another incident, Lorenzo interview will be intersting :s

Soldato
Where is Crutchlow?

Haven't got a clue as the Sky+ recorded everything but the MotoGP race somehow...ah well, sounds like another snoozefest anyway. Yet again the 125's and Moto2 seem to be the main attraction! Nice to see Stacey and his Honda are beatable though...bet he wishes he'd jumped ship at the end of 2009 like he wanted too...

Associate
Haven't got a clue as the Sky+ recorded everything but the MotoGP race somehow...ah well, sounds like another snoozefest anyway. Yet again the 125's and Moto2 seem to be the main attraction! Nice to see Stacey and his Honda are beatable though...bet he wishes he'd jumped ship at the end of 2009 like he wanted too...

The key points I have coming out of this race is

1// If people thought Yamaha was far behind, why and how have they caught up or was Spies result just a quick splash in the pan
2// Will be discredit Casey's results because Dani isn't there
3// Will Hopkins return on a factory ride or not
4// Hiro did well, a fair result you could say.
5// Simoncelli. Enough said.

Soldato
The key points I have coming out of this race is

1// If people thought Yamaha was far behind, why and how have they caught up or was Spies result just a quick splash in the pan
2// Will be discredit Stacey's results because Dani isn't there
3// Will Hopkins return on a factory ride or not
4// Hiro did well, a fair result you could say.
5// Simoncelli. Enough said.

1. Not sure but it makes for more interesting racing, so its all good...

2. Not sure who 'be' is, but Stacey has the measure of Porcelain Pedrosa for sure...

3. Not this year...wildcarding @ Brno though...

4. Hiro = next test rider for HRC..and a damned sight better than that Akiyoshi...

5. Marco will get there...just needs to figure it out before he ends up on a second string Ducati!!!

Soldato
Well, just watched the re-run...

What a ride by Bens Pies, and a well deserved win...how long 'til the next one...not long i'd say.

Marco...well, if it had been anyone else it would have been put down to a racing incident, but because its Marco all the mud slinging will start again...taking the World Champion out didn't really help either.

Rossi almost on the podium with a brand new total hybrid of a bike shows promise.

Cal, what can i say...totally gutted for the guy, was painful seeing him stuck in the pits while they went to work on his bike. Did they say after he'd come out again he was lapping consistently as the fourth fastest person on track?

I must have missed it but what happened to RdP??? All i saw was him sat in the pits with his head in his hands...he must be ruing the day he slung a leg over the Pramac Ducati...

Associate
I must have missed it but what happened to RdP??? All i saw was him sat in the pits with his head in his hands...he must be ruing the day he slung a leg over the Pramac Ducati...

It was out of RdP's hands. Dorna wanted Elias in MotoGP to show that the Moto2 champion gets rewarded with a MotoGP ride, however the only seat going was at Pramac. Elias point blank refused to ride the Ducati again so Randy was "moved".

Soldato
It was out of RdP's hands. Dorna wanted Elias in MotoGP to show that the Moto2 champion gets rewarded with a MotoGP ride, however the only seat going was at Pramac. Elias point blank refused to ride the Ducati again so Randy was "moved".

Well lets face it, Elias won't be on the grid next season...i just hope RdP gets back on the bike he deserves...he had some good showings on the LCR bike...

Associate
Casey Stoner qualifying on pole with Spies very close to him. Talk is who will Simo take out within the first laps. I hope it's a good race between Ben and Casey.

Back
Top Bottom