MotoGP 2013

Rossi and Marquez made the race interesting. Cal never looked like getting past the Honda's, even though he looked a lot faster round the corners.

It looked like Marquez could have pasted Dani earlier though and was maybe just sitting back waiting for Dani to start struggling a little more before making his move, or maybe just saving his energy with it being his first race. Could possibly have kept second if he'd moved earlier.

The speed difference of Rossi bike and Cals bike against the Hondas was plain to see. If Cal hadn't been stuck behind those hondas, he would have been up there with Lorenzo I reckon. It was so frustrating to watch it and I really felt for the guy.

2013-MotoGP-01-Qatar-Saturday--1053-L by ibert1, on Flickr

Last edited:
Pedrobot to CRT and Cal on a Repsol Honda for 2014!!!
:D

With Marques in Respol who in their right mind would want to be in the same team, as just about anybody short of Rossi or Lorenzo is going to end up playing a supporting role. If Marques doesnt rack up a handful of championships I'd be very very surprised.

I do hope Rossi wins the championship this season just to prove to everybody that he hadn't lost it and the Ducati was as big a pile of steaming brown stuff as he kept saying.

I do hope Rossi wins the championship this season just to prove to everybody that he hadn't lost it and the Ducati was as big a pile of steaming brown stuff as he kept saying.

The first race proved it. In one race on the Yamahahahaha he's equaled his best finishing position that he managed in two years on the Ducati. It's not like he lucked the position either, he had to properly race and overtake fierce competition to get there.

It was a good race but you just get the feeling there is no depth to motogp anymore. Don't get me wrong, I have watched motogp for as long as I can remember but right now you have 4 bikes that can challenge, thats it. Not as bad as the Doohan era and honda dominance but even so, all we will see is 2 yamahas racing 2 hondas all season.

This series really needs Suzuki and Kawasaki back to broaden the appeal.

What is the point in having CRT bikes running around at the back of the grid? Only reason they are there is to pad out the grid to stop it looking so sparce. Its a totally different class that would be better off in its own individual support race.

Last edited:
Suzuki apparently are coming back next season. I can't see Kawasaki coming back for a long time. Hopefully Yamaha's engine lease program will introduce some competitive bikes. I remember the KR with the Honda engine being very competitive.

3 more races till Cal gets some new parts. If he'd had a '13 spec engine he may not have been mugged on the straight.
I'm dreading Marquez taking someone out at some point.

3 more races till Cal gets some new parts. If he'd had a '13 spec engine he may not have been mugged on the straight.
I'm dreading Marquez taking someone out at some point.

Marquez maybe a newbie and flamboyant but i think he knows the limits.

Can't wait for Cal to get new parts, should hopefully get him some podium finishes.

Do those new parts include the faster engine though, not even sure how the engine rules work, do they have to have 5 sealed engines at the start of the season or can they use updated ones as long as they dont use more than 5 in total?

Do those new parts include the faster engine though, not even sure how the engine rules work, do they have to have 5 sealed engines at the start of the season or can they use updated ones as long as they dont use more than 5 in total?

If its the same as last year they can switch out any unused engine for a new one, for a maximum of 5 per season.

Back
Top Bottom