Motorcycle Insurance

Soldato
Im looking to buy a bike within the next week or so, Ive got about £3k to play with exluding insurance.
Ive been getting fairly decent quotes from motorcycle direct for the insurance, I had originally been looking at R6's and insurance was around £500-£600 a year, which I thought was alright being 21 and having no bike NCB.
Ive seen a nice 2001 CBR600F Sport for sale but for some reason they wont quote me on it, as far as im aware the R6 is a higher/similar insurance group and both bikes seem to have fairly similar specs.

I had originally wanted the R6, but I really like the look of the CBR now but it seems insurance is holding me back, ive tried various online quotes with ebike/bennets etc and had no luck.
I'll try giving motorcycle direct a ring tomorrow see if they can quote me over the phone.

The bike im looking at is identical to this one...
http://cedric.gallet.free.fr/cbr600f.jpg

Anyone know any other decent insurance companies?

Soldato
Carole Nash was one I was linked to when looking for bike insurance.

PS, you're a git if you ge that CBR, thats the model I would have loved to have if I wasnt so impatient about getting a 600 I could have had one, instead I have to make do with my 99 model.

Soldato
lukechad said:
Carole Nash was one I was linked to when looking for bike insurance.

Another vote here.

You could always run a quote past bennets aswell and see who they come back with, and to get a comparison. But they dont include Carole Nash, which is probably your best bet.

Soldato
moss said:
I'll give Carole Nash a try, I phoned motorcycle direct this morning, they quoted me £2000 for the CBR and about £500 for the R6 lol.

Its always the same with the R6, gotta be honest though, i dont know why.

Soldato
OP
It looks like im going to end up buying an R6, I do like the CBR600 but the cheapest insurance ive found is literally 3 times that of the R6 and I do like the R6 anyway.
Theres a R6 for sale quite near by, V reg with 9000miles on the clock for £2750, the only thing I dont really like about them is the standard rear light on the early models, but im sure it can be replaced with one that looks similar to the newer model.

Soldato
Yer, the same happened to me when considering a CBR600 against an R6, the price difference was huge when it came to insurance.

As you say though, the one problem with the way the bike looks is that the rear light clusters are a little bland to say the least.

That said though, these are easily changed....and its not them your going to be looking at :D

Soldato
Try eBike :-

http://www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk/

All done online, great cover package ( Roadside recovery/Homestart/Recovery in case of punctures+Legal assistance and cover ) all included as standard in the quote.

I was with Bennetts for years and tried eBike in April this year just out of curiosity. Saved £95 and got a better level of cover on the Mille.

Worth a go.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk were good but in the end Roadsure (08456 021200) offered the best policy for me - you have to haggle tho, and telll them other companies gave you better quotes than they actually did...

Paying £300 for a ZX6R leaving on the road in a city centre (TPFT, 27, 2nd year no claims)

Back
Top Bottom