Motorola Xoom successor to have a quad core CPU and 2048X1536 screen?

Soldato
OP
This is not a Motorola support thread. If you want to whinge about Motorola perhaps starting another thread would be a better idea.

I am more interested in the fact that this is the first Android tablet which seems to have a high resolution screen,a quad core CPU and probably a decent GPU. If Motorola is working on such a device hopefully it means other companies are doing so ATM.

The iPad3 is going to have a high resolution display too. Perhaps,its time more Android tablets started to come out with such displays too and greater GPU power.

Imagine if an Android tablet with a 2048X1536 screen,fast dual core and a decent GPU had already been released now?? It would have definitely given Android tablets a bit more of a "wow" factor.

ATM,too many of the Android tablets seem reactionary and only the Asus Eee Transformer seems to be trying to do something different.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's still relevant though, people might see the thread and think "oh I'll wait and get one". It's not just hardware people are interested in.

This thread is about the hardware and not the software. If you want to complain about the Motorola Xoom software and indeed the software of many current Android tablets perhaps you should start another thread.

Loads of companies have produced buggy products and even companies like Apple,Samsung and HTC are not immune to it. Even one of my old HTC smartphones had issues with the screen(design fault).

In fact the Eee Transformer seems to be the best supported Android tablet ATM and is the one which seems to have the quickest fixes from what I gather. Even the Samsung Galaxy Tab of which millions have been sold is not having an Android 3.0 update. The short lived Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1V also launched with Android 3.0 and the 3.1 update seems to be slow in coming. Even the latest Galaxy Tab models have Android 3.1 on them still.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
me either, I've got a defy at the moment, but I cant update it to 2.2 because I only use a mac.

its a joke that they are only just getting round to 2.2

According to sarge78 the official ROM is available on xda-developers:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19584154&postcount=6

You can use a Mac compatible tool to flash your phone with the ROM. It might be also worth checking if the update is available OTA from your phone.

There are also leaked 2.3.4. ROMs also starting to appear too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom