Motorsport Manager

Man of Honour
My savegame started to bloat. Didn't notice for a few races. Went from 3mb to 19mb then 30mb. Was taking ages to save and load so had to roll back. Good thing I had backed up.

Associate
I think if the game was released for F1 & other real series, fair enough, but having fake drivers means theres less attachment or baggage with names, no "give over, he's not that good" or "theres no way he'd be able to pass blabla" etc.

I'd quite like it if all the driver & staff names and stats were random, so every time you started a new game you didnt know who the best drivers were instantly, maybe theres no god-like RR figure who'd sign for anyone on day 1, and the drivers & staff would have random stats based upon a target rating (like 1.2/5 stars) so each game felt different. Otherwise you're almost certain to make the same decisions over and over.

2 little qualifying titbits from last night, i voted down the chance to go from 8min qual to 10min - 8min is too short, but oh boy is it exploitable! 18 cars leave the garage in the first 90-120sec of the session, they dont care about weather, so if its guaranteed to rain at 1min in, heavy shower at 2min, 75% of them will go out on slicks, 25% on inters, and you can see by the time you're starting the lap (~2min in) the track is soaked and needs wets. Likewise you can see its a passing shower and it'll be dry by 4min, so either stay in the pits or abandon the lap if your forecast didnt show enough when you left.
The reason 8min is favourable is because when those AI-screwing conditions come, they very rarely get the chance to start a 2nd timed lap, so adding 2min all but guarantees they can.

Secondly, i also won pole by "a mere 0.000" from my other driver :D Identical times, weird thing being that i know the driver who was given pole was the 2nd one crossing the line, which isnt how the rules work IRL and it shouldnt work any other way either.

Associate
Thats a step in the right direction at least, i cant even recall if theres blue flags in qualifying for that to be helpful there either.

What feels like it'd have the most impact is having driver reactions be less drastic, thats what i feel makes passing slower cars annoying, they get within 1sec range and theres a certain point where they'll get fairly close, doesnt matter if they're going to make a pass, and if they're in the same 'lane' they'll slam on the brakes on a mild corner when they really dont need to (and often get overtaken by someone 1-2sec behind you) or if they're in a different lane then they'll possibly go along side, but its the excessive braking costing you at least half a lap till you'll recover the ground, that hurts the most. Then you get these passes where out of nowhere they'll fly past someone - last night I spent 4-5 laps trying to get around cars 4th-8th around Not-Spa after pitting in from a very comfortable 3rd, and got nowhere, then out of the blue she passed all 5 of them in about 3 corners without jackass backmarkers being involved. Those moments are possibly more annoying than being stuck behind them - being stuck behind feels somewhat realistic, but suddenly passing them all in a few seconds is BS and doesnt make it all better.

Caporegime
driver reactions are really stupid..

I don't get it because sometimes I've had my driver side by side with another car properly racing for 3 corners or more and I've seen some amazing over takes where my driver will barrel down the middle of 2 cars also fighting for position or take 2 cars in one long corner.

But 95% of the time the drivers just seem to stutter and fail without even getting close or follow a 5+ second a lap slower car until they pit..

Last edited:
Associate
with updates that small, it might be playable by the mid 2030s

If you dont like the game, as you've made abundantly clear already, get a refund and be done with it. What exactly are your comments really meant to achieve, because they're not constructive, not helpful or reasonable, and whatever the intent, they're just disruptive. If you dont care for the game, why check the thread and feel the need to make pointless comments to be a jerk, wash your hands of it and contribute to threads for games where you can be constructive rather than be negative.

Associate
Im not in a bad mood, i just dont see what good posting something childish really has to offer, so why waste your time and ours. All im saying is if you feel the need to contribute, do it so that its constructive or useful, dont just vent because you're not happy with something, and then come out with more childish comments to be insulting, cos you're the one coming across as being in a mood and having your panties in a twist.

- edit -
Aaaand im done with this simple attempt at asking you to be civilised and mature, im not wasting my time when you're response is always to blown out of all proportion to distract from pointless & unreasonable things you've said.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just got promoted into the Asia league at the end of season 3. Managed 4th and 7th in the first race too. Glad I managed to save a good bit of money before the promotion thanks to RR winning every race :D

Soldato
How are people winning in their first season with predator? I'm in second season with RR and in constantly doing poorly.

Engine mods don't carry on to next season so what do people mean by "develop your car?"

Man of Honour
How are people winning in their first season with predator? I'm in second season with RR and in constantly doing poorly.

Engine mods don't carry on to next season so what do people mean by "develop your car?"

I won 3 in season 1, 4 in season 2 and all of them in season 3. It is doable. Be sure to get a pay second and reserve driver. Car stats carry over to the next season.

Soldato
I won on my first season (European) with ZRT - To be fair, it came very close and was all finalised in the last nail biting race :p

Stats from your first season car carry over to the next season - I also read on Reddit that it's a good idea to make high risk and high rated parts near the end of the season as the stats carry over but the risks don't. Plus there's no risk if you don't use the risky part.

Into my second European season with ZRT - Bought all the best suppliers for the car setup and upgraded my factory to level 2, but three races in and it's not looking bright just yet... Still, anything can happen :p

Soldato
When you say the car stats carry over, which stats are they, the parts you mean? So your top rated parts you have carry over to next year but just appear as the standard ones?

Soldato
I won 3 in season 1, 4 in season 2 and all of them in season 3. It is doable. Be sure to get a pay second and reserve driver. Car stats carry over to the next season.

10th
4th
2nd
1st (Lisandro Cruz (won Driver's Champion) and Go Kanjiro)
4th
3rd
1st(with 2 races to go) (Oronzo Vial (potentially Driver's Champion) and Sofia Bukhalova)

I never bought RR (didn't know about him). I had Ines Sant Ana and Evans. Then I got Lisandro Cruz instead of Evans, Go Kanjiro instead of Santa Ana, Sofia Bukhalova instead of Kanjiro, Oronzo Vial instead of Cruz. I didn't know about the pay driver until my 1st year in the Asian league, and I went with parkes (payes >500k for quali + race and ears ~20k wage).

As for staff I got Ruby Smith as my lead designer around ~2 years in (when your first guy's contract expires. I got Kai Gosselin as a race engineer pretty early on (1 year iirc) and he has 5* potential so I have him still. Forgot who I had as my other race engineer but now I have Gabriella Rojas.

The thing is that your results change a lot depending on the rules. Make sure you try and use rules that will benefit you in the next season (don't accept points for top 6 if you are at the mid/end of the pack). If you have a weaker car try and get stock parts. etc.

Back
Top Bottom