Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
Zak Brown on record saying that McLaren won't win a race in 2017. Seems an odd way to support title sponsor negotiations for 2018, but perhaps he's just being both realistic and setting expectations low. Certainly a different approach to Ron Denis promising the moon.

Soldato
http://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/222316/wehrlein-confirms-he-will-miss-first-pre-season-test

So Wehrlein out for the first test, I cant say I am disappointed, not really a fan of his. This sounds bad but I hope Giovanzzi gets in the car, really impresses and that we don't see Wehrlein in F1 again. He is a diva wanna be and has yet to show much talent over and above an average driver!

Wehrlein must be impressing Mercedes enough for them to continue to fund his career while not being confident enough that he was ready to step up to replace Rosberg.

If Ocon is as highly rated as some seem to rate him, then Wehrlein was hardly inferior. Admittedly Ocon had less time in the car, coming in with 9 races to go, but he didn't start blowing Wehrlein into the weeds.

Man of Honour
OP
Max will be represented on Timing screens with VER rather than VES this year.
Previously Vergne was still a test driver at Ferrari and therefore held the name, as he's now departed Max applied to use VER successfully.

Associate
Hi guys. Just a quick question, the V8 supercar championship starts this weekend in Adelaide. Live coverage of the entire championship this last few years has been provided via BT Sports. However this weekend i have discovered that the live coverage is has switched to Motors TV. Has BT Sports lost or dropped the championship?

Soldato
Hi guys. Just a quick question, the V8 supercar championship starts this weekend in Adelaide. Live coverage of the entire championship this last few years has been provided via BT Sports. However this weekend i have discovered that the live coverage is has switched to Motors TV. Has BT Sports lost or dropped the championship?

You're correct, MotorsTV which has been rebranded to MotorsportTV will be showing Live Coverage and I believe with this rebrand will also be showing HD coverage going forward.

Associate
You're correct, MotorsTV which has been rebranded to MotorsportTV will be showing Live Coverage and I believe with this rebrand will also be showing HD coverage going forward.

Thats brilliant news and the HD coverage will be very much welcomed. Just seen the rebranded channel on sky (channel 447) Thanks for your help.

Soldato
Thats brilliant news and the HD coverage will be very much welcomed. Just seen the rebranded channel on sky (channel 447) Thanks for your help.

Well don't know about you but number of issues. Firstly it wasn't in HD, Secondly the audio delay was terrible and finally the series link didn't work so I'm now missing the last 60 mins. Useless.

Associate
That is not good, not good at all. I thought with the rebranding they would have provided the same HD feed as what BT Sports provided this last few years. I will check my recording later once I get home and get back to you probably in a depressed state!!!

Associate
Well don't know about you but number of issues. Firstly it wasn't in HD, Secondly the audio delay was terrible and finally the series link didn't work so I'm now missing the last 60 mins. Useless.

I see what you mean. The picture is definitely not HD and that sound delay is so bloody annoying. Thankfully like BT Sport last year there is no advert breaks so that's a positive. I series linked it and it automatically recorded the rerun this afternoon at 14:15. Hopefully everything will improve.

Soldato

It's really just the V8 Supercars coming back to Motors. They were showing it live long before BT Sport even existed. Not sure when (or if) Motors will go to HD though, it was rumoured a few years back but that turned out to be linked to the use of HD Freeview boxes to view it via an internet connection.

Soldato
It's really just the V8 Supercars coming back to Motors. They were showing it live long before BT Sport even existed. Not sure when (or if) Motors will go to HD though, it was rumoured a few years back but that turned out to be linked to the use of HD Freeview boxes to view it via an internet connection.

I'm aware of that thanks. Just very frustrating when other stuff is in HD on the channel. The feed is labelled as HD from channel 7 and the audio is a good 2 seconds out. Will probably go back to obtaining it via other methods.

Back
Top Bottom