Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
Feel like Tsunoda has been doing the work this year. Deserves another year anyway!
Perez... I'm surprised he got 1 year. 2 years is insanity. There must be some solid performance clauses in there to get him binned off?

Associate
I'm still not convinced by Tsunoda. Far too inconsistent and behaves like a petulant child. Sure he's beating Danny Ric this year, but then I'm not sure who wouldn't at this point.
I think he's one of the better drivers on the grid, but his attitude will prevent him from moving up.

Caporegime
I'm still not convinced by Tsunoda. Far too inconsistent and behaves like a petulant child.

He does need polish, yeah, and his outbursts are a problem.

Sure he's beating Danny Ric this year, but then I'm not sure who wouldn't at this point.

De Vries :D

I don't think DR is doing that badly at the moment, but he's even more inconsistent than Yuki. He's just ordinary. Nothing special. Sure, he'd probably beat Stroll or KMag, but it's pretty clear that his place on the grid at this point is more down to his media value than his driving. Otherwise Lawson would be in that seat already.

Soldato
I can see Perez being booted out of the team to be honest. Red Bull cant afford to keep getting his non results. I know they have given him a new contract but enough is enough. He has to perform to stay. He is far from doing that.

Soldato
I can see Perez being booted out of the team to be honest. Red Bull cant afford to keep getting his non results. I know they have given him a new contract but enough is enough. He has to perform to stay. He is far from doing that.
At this rate Perez could genuinely cost RBR the constructors. Ferrari are only 24pts behind, if they get their act together...:cry: The could seriously contend for the constructors title.

Associate
At this rate Perez could genuinely cost RBR the constructors. Ferrari are only 24pts behind, if they get their act together...:cry: The could seriously contend for the constructors title.
The only saving grace for RB is that Merc, Ferrari and McLaren will likely take points away from each other, but if Max isn't finishing first in every race (maybe Perez will pick-up a point or 2 in-between), then they could end up lower than 2nd.

Soldato
Also want to acknowledge how great this is. We've had a couple dull races but seeing 3.5 teams compete is something that we haven't seen in YEARS.
And everyone was predicting a boring season with Max easily getting another WC.
But the season isn't over yet by far and we've only witnessed a couple of races where the Red Bull is vulnerable, even with a Newley designed car, one of which Max has just won.
I find it wiser in F1 never to make predictions if I can because you just never know.

Soldato
I’m still not convinced Red Bull have been caught. It just seems like teething issues from their latest upgrade if that coinciding with the performance is the problem. I guess it’s down to how much they want to fix it and whether Adrian is involved… :o

Caporegime
They've certainly been caught in that there is now a genuine fight for wins at some proportion of tracks. That's a significant improvement on last year. I think they still have the overall best car, however, and - for their lead driver at least - are doing a better job of delivering on the potential in that car. McLaren are just off, Ferrari are close but too variable according to track/conditions, and I'm honestly not sure how good Merc are yet.

It isn't a simple walk-over anymore, at least.

Pérez is supposedly worth about a billion in Red Bull sales in Mexico and South America.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom