Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
I suppose its as boring as Force India always harping on about budgets and the lack of fairness in the sport. If you can't play with the big boys time to move on. Turning my attention back to Red Bull. Fine leave. They are a marketing company after all and only there to prompt their brand in sport.

Soldato
I think his point about the engines is spot on, but he just makes it in the normal predictable extreme way. A competitive independent engine supplier would be great for the sport, but it just isn't going to happen with the current formula. Honda has been given a very expensive lesson in that department, and Mercedes and Ferrari customers have never come close to winning in the past three years.

An F1 race can be an exciting affair, but anticipation of the final result isn't currently included in that. We'll likely only have a maximum of 5, maybe 6 race winners this year, and they'll all come from just 3 teams. You could say it is the same as, for example, Premiership football, but the difference there is that on any given any team can, and does, beat one of the top ones. That simply can't happen in F1 unless the planets align and the heavens open.

As much as I dislike Marko's bleating, I think he's pretty much singing from the same hymn sheet as Ross Brawn, who understands that changes need to be made. Ross just isn't throwing toys out of the pram. Red Bull won't leave F1 - they need F1 as it gives them a great return on their investment even when they're not winning. And the fear of leaving and then finding themselves wanting to come back in and start from scratch again - building an HQ, finding the next Newey etc - will terrify them.

Soldato
Soldato
Deuse complains about current engine formula.
Deuse complains when other people complain about current engine formula.

And if you even bother to read what Ross Brawn said "there will be no V8\10\12 in 2021" the fia said the same.
Having a opinion is not moaning. But hey it's you again ;)
RB are just moaning again after their PUSH for the new 2017 regs that back fired on them. They only sing when they are winning.

Deuse=I think\want V8s back=opinion
RB\Horner If we don't have a change of engine to something like a V8 we are leaving(again)=Moaning

Soldato
The Indycars were awesome - highly entertaining race. Plenty of overtaking, even from Max Chilton! Barber is an absolutely fantastic track, one of my favorites from rFactor so it was nice to see it in the flesh. We got in a spot where you could see the final turn, start finish straight, turn 5 and down the straight to 6 then the back straight so you always had cars going past.

Back
Top Bottom