Mould

Associate
Has anyone had any experience with mould in there bathrooms and how they treated it?

Roll back 2013, We bought the house off plan, first time buyers. We got mould in the first 6-12 months! and it was bad!!! Persimmons had to completely strip the En-suite and re-do it twice.
They even put another extractor fan right about the shower to try eliminate the moister, However the mould has not returned not as bad yet. it's on the tiles/grout and a little on the celling

I did re-paint it when it was gone and used dulux bathroom paint.

Any idea how to remove it properly?

Associate
OP
The first good way to get rid of moisture is to have a fan, the second is to ensure the room is heated, the third is to ensure it's ventilated. Fitting a fan is obvious. If the room doesn't have a radiator or it's not switched on frequently enough then leave a window partially open all the time.

We have 2 extractors, one directly over the shower, and another in the middle of the room. They stay on for at least 20-25 minutes.

We have the windows in the latch when showering and I open them up once finished. I think I'm going to have to completely remove all the mould, and re-paint it with Anti mould paint.

Back
Top Bottom