Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord

Associate
OP
They announced in 2012 and it's still WIP?

Correct. Also bare in mind that they've pushed With Fire & Sword + DLC's for Warband which makes me believe that Bannerlord was in development but was not their lead project for a while. In addition, they had to develop new stuff for their in-house game engine in order to increase performance for the more commonly used rigs today, add new assets/ animations etc. There was also talk of motion capture for some of the animations so that would've taken a while too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guess I'm moving Bannerlord to my 'wish for 2018 list'. I've only moved it two or three times so far. :( I'm starting to understand how the Star Citizen brigade are feeling. ;)

You'd have thought that the company might be keener to get it released, especially as Warband still pulls in close to 10k players a day, according to Steam.

Soldato
I wish they'd hurry up but with the amount of mods for original game(s) I can always find something new to play when I feel like playing M&B. Can't believe I bought the very first one back in 2004/5 when there was only one town on the map and not much else to do. Hooked ever since thought. :)

Also for anyone that wanna try a modern day version of M&B there's new early access game https://store.steampowered.com/app/773951/Freeman_Guerrilla_Warfare/ I haven't played it for a while and things changed quite a bit since I last played with addition of vehicles and different squad management.

Associate
The wait for this as been pretty crazy at this point, It hasn't helped that the dev blogs haven't really contained anything interesting for a while now.

I'm confident that the final product will bring me many hours of entertainment, but we really need a demo/beta at this point, something just to keep us interested and excited.

Back
Top Bottom