Mountain Biking

Soldato
dhill;30471483 said:
All in we only did about 15 miles today, but by god we are both cream crackered! The climbs on the Monkey properly killed us both though, and the rock gardens (these almost had me twice) are an absolute killer when your knackered and have no strength or stamina left, especially on a hard tail.

I find the two sections together come in at 15 miles and its 15 pretty tough miles if youre pushing (strava tends to turn me into some sort of fire breathing maniac) yourself.

I think i get around in a touch under 3 hrs (total time not moving time).

I've not been for a while so im heading up next Monday, be interested in seeing if 6 months of road biking has helped my fitness, probably will do a Carding Mill Valley run March time - i love that place, proper natural trails.

Caporegime
steve45;30489063 said:
Uplift booked for Saturday at Hammers... guess that means i'll have to build up the DH bike again!
Woop, cant believe how excited i am! been a good few months since i hand an uplift day!

Jealous, it's been August since I had any uplifts. :(

Why is it even unbuilt, upgrades?

Has anyone with a pike, considered the upgrade by Vorsprung. I need to service mine, and I'm very tempted.

http://vorsprungsuspension.com/prod...pgrade-air-piston-kit-for-rockshox-pike-lyrik

Soldato
Begbie;30489282 said:
Jealous, it's been August since I had any uplifts. :(

Why is it even unbuilt, upgrades?
stole a few bits from it to fit on the voltage over Xmas leave period, just never got round to putting it back together, all good now though, no upgrades planned for a while just needs a good ****** service.

Uplift on Saturday was emotional, almost got snowed off and a combination of snow/cold at the top and ice cold rain at the bottom, it was a complete slop fest, managed to stay upright though, few very very very close calls though. One thing I took away from Saturday is that I need to invest in some tear-offs, I was riding blind by the time i reached the "not so" halfway hut... But it felt so nice to get out on the big bike again.

Soldato
Voodoo HooDoo 2012. Thoughts? Reading online they're very well regarded and the 2012 model has hydraulic discs.

Asking around and a clubmate has one he's done 'a fair few miles on' but its all good. Seems a steal at £150 he's asking for it (looking at other on 'bay/pinkbike).

Caporegime
Noakesy85;30498529 said:
Shouldn't you get your bike(s) working first before considering upgrades? ;)

Nah, ordered it anyway! Not riding is killing me now, bloody post.

Be up troodos this weekend, if it comes in.

Soldato
Begbie;30498798 said:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. I have a set of Pike 150/120s so unfortunately it won't work for me :( That reminds me, I do need to get my Pikes and Cane Creek shock serviced very soon.

Caporegime
thewanted;30498841 said:
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. I have a set of Pike 150/120s so unfortunately it won't work for me :( That reminds me, I do need to get my Pikes and Cane Creek shock serviced very soon.

Yeah, I've read some OK things about it. Going to service it at the same time. I could do with getting my CCDB serviced, but will probably have to wait till I'm back in the UK.

Associate
Begbie;30498798 said:

Half my CRC order arrived today... still waiting on my track Pump :( at least I can clean my Chain and cassette now and lube it lol.

Isn't there still snow up Troodos? We're looking at getting up there once this Cross country Series is finished. Trying to rope one of the guys in to act as uplift driver :D

Soldato
Yeah... this looks pretty epic already!

**Disclaimer**
Placed in spoilers as video title contains partially started sweary and video has bit of casual male nudity, also because its a minute full of stoke!:p

Video had a very Caldwell feel going on, no idea who has made it but from the trailer edit i'd put money on it that he was involved!

Caporegime
Half my CRC order arrived today... still waiting on my track Pump :( at least I can clean my Chain and cassette now and lube it lol.

Isn't there still snow up Troodos? We're looking at getting up there once this Cross country Series is finished. Trying to rope one of the guys in to act as uplift driver :D

Yeah, can always ride in snow though! Should be clear on the normal ride.

Any gravity fed riding > XC tbh :)

Associate
Yeah, can always ride in snow though! Should be clear on the normal ride.

Any gravity fed riding > XC tbh :)

I completely agree mate, I'm not a fan at all of XC but I do what I do to keep fit lol.

I was gonna ask... do you have a chain breaker suitable for an 11 speed chain? I've got a set of quick links I want to fit but all the chain breakers I've been looking at are only suitable up to 10 speed :(

Caporegime
I completely agree mate, I'm not a fan at all of XC but I do what I do to keep fit lol.

I was gonna ask... do you have a chain breaker suitable for an 11 speed chain? I've got a set of quick links I want to fit but all the chain breakers I've been looking at are only suitable up to 10 speed :(

Nope but I need to get one!

Soldato

Any chain tool should work fine for an 11 speed chain unless it's very weird.

Soldato
Gutted because I discovered I'd cracked my rear carbon rim on Monday from my full sus trail bike. I'd noticed a wobble on Sunday, so on Monday I'd taken my wheel off to put it in the truing stand and discovered the break. It had coped well as I'd done 8000ft of descending over the weekend.

The good news is the supplier warrantied the rim as it was within the two year coverage period and they have a rock strike allowed policy \o/ It cost me ~12 quid shipping with it arriving this Friday, hopefully time enough to lace it up again before the weekend.

Which meant for yesterdays ride I was on my 29er hardtail which is currently setup rigid. Definitely a bit slower going on the rocky 1800+ft descent my rides generally start with :D

Back
Top Bottom