Mountain Biking

BaJ

BaJ

Associate
I did the “Hope Triple 8” a few months back which was a good ride. It takes in a few classic descents, you can tweak the start point to suit and it passes lots of options for a break/lunch.

I tweaked the route slightly to take in another climb/descent up to Winstone Lee Tor, which then pops out past Ladybower Inn.

You might be able to gpx from here: https://www.strava.com/activities/11303542

Cut Gate is another option, although it’s perhaps very wet this time of the year. Check out Keeper of the Peak - https://mobile.twitter.com/KoftheP

Associate
The plan was to do the MBR cut gate route.

Ive just downloaded your ride and looks ideal so ill probably end up doing that.

Thanks

Soldato
Possibly a bit old fashioned now, but the Dark Peak book by Jon Barton has some great rides in, I think they're actually all online somewhere. All those books are good resources. His Bradwell Circuit is a good ride, shorter than the ones you've mentioned. Quite intense though and has some great downhills.

Soldato
Tempted to get a bike in the new year, been a whilst since riding a bike at all! Looking at about £1200 on finance , last bike i had was a santa cruz heckler which i enjoyed riding although it was a little heavy up hills. I get for the money i won't get too much. Full suspension was nice so probs like another. Any ideas?

Soldato
Tempted to get a bike in the new year, been a whilst since riding a bike at all! Looking at about £1200 on finance , last bike i had was a santa cruz heckler which i enjoyed riding although it was a little heavy up hills. I get for the money i won't get too much. Full suspension was nice so probs like another. Any ideas?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...r-suspension-bike-slx-1x11-2017/rp-prod146555

this is the best value thing i can find, little more than your budget but worth it I would say

BaJ

BaJ

Associate
I liked it more when it was more about crazy gaps and lines rather than superman backflip 900 seatgrabs

I personally think it was one of the best Rampage's for a few years ... the gaps and lines are as crazy as they've ever been, it's just that people have moved the sport forward and are now pulling tricks on said lines! The scores are always subjective but the standard of riding was way higher than previously.

Some of the POV videos are crazy, you can't say the line Strait, Zinc and a few others took isn't crazy.

Soldato
Am I the only one that thinks its a bit meh?

I liked it more when it was more about crazy gaps and lines rather than superman backflip 900 seatgrabs
:(

My only real complaint about rampage now is that riders have too much freedom/time to build. Fair enough for riders to build take offs and smooth out landings etc but if you look at a lot the the riders lines almost the whole thing is smoothed out and compacted.

Associate
This thread really has died a death. Rampage was on last night and not a single comment about it :eek:

I'm halfways through a 2 year injury timeout from the bike. I go from being too depressed about it to go anywhere near MTB sites and discussion to wanting to hoover up loads of info and chat so I somehow hit the ground running (err, not like that, that's what got me in this mess already) when I finally get to ride again. Between that and not wanting to upgrade my PC kit much lately I'm not around here much myself.

Rampage was nice in that it ran smoothly with no huge weather delays or terrible injuries. I think the latter may be partly why we don't see so much in the way of insane canyon gaps now, and maybe the new site just doesn't have them on good lines?

Back
Top Bottom