Mouse mats

Soldato
I have searched, but I get soo many different opinions, so I wanted to create a poll, but I can't do that. :(

I have decided on the mouse, a MX518. It will be used for gaming, photoshop and 3d modeling.

How important is a mouse mat?

From what I have gathered, cloth mats are the best, but which ones are better than others? I like to have a bit of grip on one, but it to slide smoothly when playing CS.

Thanks, Trif.

Do I need a mat though? What improvements will I get with it?

My current mouse is really annoying when doing precision work in photoshop, I can't follow a curved line that I drew by hand on PS. :mad: [/rant]

Also, between the MX518 and the Razer diamondback - which one? My hands mold better to bigger controllers, so I assume I should go with the Mx518?

Last edited:
How well do these mouse's work on wooden surfaces though. As I am meant to be saving up atm so I want to do this on a budget.

That mat is very worn there Mortals.

Thatks for the help. I have ordered the MX518. I will get a mat later on from a certain bay, for cheapness if there is anything good on there.

I was talking to a friend who does amazing art work, and he swears to his pad, but the price of a good one is too much atm. especially when I am only doing some light skinning of cars.

I wish I had enough money to just go out and try all of these mats that you mention to find out which one is best for me. :(

Is this the DKT one: Brian "Destrukt" Flander! As I found a small one of them, which will suit the desk space very well.

Thanks.

I got the small DKT mouse mat, as it is perfectly sized for the amount of room I have on my desk. £11.64 including postage.

I wish the place I got it from will dispatch my order though, super saver delivery is starting to not feel worth it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom