Moving a domain without incurring charges

Associate
Hi,
I've got a few domains with a company that I've been with for a while (I won't name them), but I would like to move from them. However, they charge a moving out fee, which I don't really want to pay for each domain.
One of the domains in expiring, so I was wondering if I could use that to not pay the charges.
I understand there is some sort of grace period after a domain expires in which no-one else can register the domain. Does this mean I can re-register the domain at another registrar?
I'll probably have to end up paying the fees, but I thought I'd ask first :)

If it's a .uk domain you can go to Nominet and pay £12 to have the domain moved, but otherwise, you don't really have any option other than to go through your registrar. You could ask if they'll do you a bulk price - I've had luck with registrars in the past when moving about a lot of domains.

If it's a .uk domain you can go to Nominet and pay £12 to have the domain moved, but otherwise, you don't really have any option other than to go through your registrar. You could ask if they'll do you a bulk price - I've had luck with registrars in the past when moving about a lot of domains.

I did talk with them about moving multiple domains at once, but I was told the fee was non-discussable.
2 of them are .co.uk, so I will look into that, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom