Moving a site, not as simple as I thought

Soldato
My cousin has a website for a small local publication. Its purchased and she has been given access to it so she can move it before moving the domain to a new server.
I have Cpanel X access, i've created a ftp account with access to the public html folder.
Downloaded the lot then put it on my own webspace but it doesn't work.

Why doesn't it work?

Sorry, I know its probably a noob question :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well at a basic level I'd like to move it to a new server and just try it out to make sure I can. My own webspace currently would be fine. I normally just upload files and load up the index.htm with the correct www.etc.com/home.htm and off we go but nothing with this one. Not even locally when I download it.

The current idea is to move it to TSO when we are ready but getting the site to work on my webspace is a first goal (this webspace is on another tso site I run which is currently dorment so I can delete that site and put ones files on it to try it out)

Guessing its a cgi thing?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If you're using TSO Hosts, ask them to move it for you, all you'll need to do is give them the access details to the current site and they'll do it all for you - that's why I love TSO Hosts, they really are awesome, especially their support!

Will they? That would be really handy!

I am using ftp to download the entire /public_html folder and then uploading the same data to my site.

Back
Top Bottom