Moving house - advice req.

Man of Honour
Seems like I'll be moving from York -> Newcastle in about a month.
Last time I did any moving, we (gf and I) hired a van and moved about 10 miles from one side of York to the other. Cost about £30 in fuel and £50 in van hiring. Took a few trips and we had some help from her parents with the lifting.

Now I'm going to be moving about 80 miles or so and we have a 3 bedroom house-worth of stuff to be moving. Not going to be able to do multiple trips of that distance and won't be getting any lifting help. Could ask friends, but it's a lot to ask.

Anyone with an idea of how much it'd cost a proper company to do the move (had some quick online quotes around £900(!)) - is that reasonable?

Or would I be better hiring 2 vans and some butch young men?

Man of Honour
OP
Well I'll probably actually just hire a van with a tail lift or something and get a mate to help me. Anything delicate will go with me and be insured some other way anyway.

Now I just need to find an area of north/south tynside to live in. Thinking Boldon Colliery. Anywhere better?

Needs to have good transport links (i.e. close to metro station) for me to Gosforth/Regent Centre, but also easy road access to A19/A1 (via A194?) down to durham/sunderland.

BC seems to be sensible.

Back
Top Bottom