US: Mr. Robot

Soldato
The worst second season to any TV series I've ever watched.

Episode 11 was just terrible, literally NOTHING happens. Angela meets the tranny and they have the most boring long scene even to be filmed, I actually forwarded a lot of it because it was clever or even well written. After this series I'm not going to bother with Season 3.

There's just too much about Elliott and his madness, it may as well be called "Crazy Big Eye Guy Show". All the geeky stuff and thrill has gone, now it's boring all about the economy and banks YAAAAWN

v0n

v0n

Soldato
It's still semi decent, but ef me sideways, this season is bi-polar to a definition - every time it gets better and grips like season 1, they will wreck it across next episode, fill it with excrement wall to wall - I mean episode 11 broke the entire build up of the last few weeks - just drivel, drivel, drivel and then then some. I can think of many TV series that have way too big episode order for the story and end up being stuffed with filler, I can think of think of many series where quality varies from episode to episode - but this is something new - this show is going from legendary to immediate cancellation without taking a single breath in the middle. They've officially wasted 1/3rd of the season on drivel and wtf-ism of Lynch's "Fire Walk With Me" magnitude. I'm angry at it because I hate how much I hate it in some weeks.

Last edited:

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Darlene was shot and is hospitalised (we know one person survived the shooting, Agent Dominique called dibs on interview) but Angela is the one tripping. Is this the big reveal for the next week? I'm going to be angry if they are going to end this season on two Tyler Durdens?

Associate
Gave up a couple of episodes back but kept an eye on this page incase things suddenly took a massive turn but looks like not. I have to agree with elrasho, just shocking how pointless the second series has been. Will be canceled & forgotten about. Next

Soldato
The scene when the FBI agent is in bed talkig to her Amazon Echo (nice product placement by the way). What was the point of that!? We already know she has issues being social outside of work. Talk about padding, I actually paused it and had to stop watching. It's such hard work trying to get through the episodes.

Associate
The scene when the FBI agent is in bed talkig to her Amazon Echo (nice product placement by the way). What was the point of that!? We already know she has issues being social outside of work. Talk about padding, I actually paused it and had to stop watching. It's such hard work trying to get through the episodes.

Yup, reminds me of how much time they wasted showing Tyrell's wife doing her S&M stuff with her boyfriend. Just showed the same thing every time and it never went anywhere, like does anyone care about her relationship with that guy? And she ended up flashing some divorce papers but then it's just been dropped.

I still get wound up by the directing too, every conversation is framed like

Associate

Highlighting her isolation is one reason, also I think to provide a kind of counterpoint to the Voight-Kampff test that the Dark Army ran on Angela.

With regard to the "suicide hackers", I'm wondering if the Dark Army believe they are in some kind of Matrix situation. They obviously believe in something strongly enough to turn them into fanatics who don't fear death.

Associate
With regard to the "suicide hackers", I'm wondering if the Dark Army believe they are in some kind of Matrix situation. They obviously believe in something strongly enough to turn them into fanatics who don't fear death.

I assumed that if they are taken alive the Dark Army will kill their families, so that's why they kill themselves if they think they will be captured.

Soldato
This last episode had a matrix feel to it. Glad I'm not the only one to feel this. The cross dressing Chinese guy (Whiterose) seems a bit like the Oracle or maybe Architect or maybe both. Elliot a reluctant Neo. Still waiting for Tyrell to come into the story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom