Mrs 1st Gen Apple Watch broken

Soldato
Hey all.

I bought my Mrs an Apple watch last year as she kept looking at them for ages.

Anyway, fast forward to 2 weeks ago she text me saying her watch just turned off and she knew it still had battery. I tried every trick in the book to turn it back on but to no avail.

It will acknowledge it's on its charging dock but it won't boot. Knowing you can't do slot to fix such a small sealed device we took it to our nearest apple store as it still has 2 months warranty.

They confirmed it's knackered and said within 3-4 days we will hear from apple support saying they received it and let us know the course of action. 8 days went by and not heard anything. She rang apple who didn't bother to tell us that the watch is indeed faulty and they will send out a new one.

What they did say though is that there's a stock shortage of the watch and no ETA of stock coming in and they (or she) just left it at that.

Now, I'm pretty miffed about this. Yeah things fail but the lack of service for a £250 device that's only 10 months old and the response it pretty dire. Considering apple like to pose as the Mercedes Benz of the tech world i expected more.

Do you think i could push for it to be replaced with a 2nd gen one or even a refund?

Commissario
Was that a real Apple store or an authorised dealer? I ask because I've never heard of a real one taking a device away like that to be looked at, it's normally fixed/replaced on the spot.

Back
Top Bottom