MSDN Question

Associate
If I was to get an MSDN subscription now, would I be able to get Visual Studio 2012 when its released through that subscription?

I used to have an MSDN subscription while I was at uni and Im pretty sure you had access to everything that was or was going to be released during the subscription year. It was a few years ago now but i'd assume it was still the same.

I imagine so. It's already there in RC form anyway ;).

msdn.png

While your subscription is active you get access to any of the software you're entitled to (so if you have visual studio and they release 10 new versions within your subscription period you'd be able to obtain them all).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/subscriptions/buy.aspx

There are different levels of subscription and there's different programs available (the company I was at 12 years ago had a couple of us get MCP just to have access to it).

Last time someone asked me this question the cheapest solution I found was the Microsoft action pack (I think that's what it was called) which gave them access for £200 or so but no idea on the exact details of it now or even if it's still available.

The Action Packs are still in existence as I have just signed up for the solution provider one.

I suspect they maybe Microsoft Partner only though. Requirements listed were to be a MSPN member, do a test and pay money :D.

There are two, Solution Provider and Developer. People can probably work out what is in what.

Digital download was in the region of US$298. Digital and discs was around US$399. Not sure if that is Singapore specific pricing though and other countries may vary.

RB

Back
Top Bottom