• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI 290/290X Gaming Edition Thread

Caporegime
I'll more than likely pick another one up later :)

With your cpu and mobo it would be rude not to i think.

Whoop Whoop! Just had confirmation of delivery for tomorrow!! :D Having sold both 7850's in readiness for the ETA date of the 10th, I'm now suffering from BF4 withdrawal! :)

On a side note, did anyone else notice that the minute they arrived at the warehouse they dropped by £12 to £367.99? I've sent them a web note about it.

That's a good thing. Makes 290 AIB cards a nice bit cheaper than every 780 card now. Hopefully a few of the other 290 AIB cards drop a bit off the price.

Associate
Card can hold 1007mhz oc easy with a bit of a faster fan speed, and still is very quiet in my 650D case (unlike the 290x reference I had before :s )

VRAM temps are also much lower than the stock cards so will be interesting to see what the card can oc to.

ILEc8BK.gif

Oh and for those wondering.

reubxWD.png

Caporegime
Not for me, I pre ordered at £379,99! :D

Oh :D

I'm sure they will refund you though. Ask in CS. :)

Card can hold 1007mhz oc easy with a bit of a faster fan speed, and still is very quiet in my 650D case (unlike the 290x reference I had before :s )

VRAM temps are also much lower than the stock cards so will be interesting to see what the card can oc to.
ILEc8BK.gif

Oh and for those wondering.

reubxWD.png

The man from Del Monte says yes!

9xmI6QT.jpg

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Just tested a 290X MSI, I am extremely impressed, 1200MHz core and 6800Mhz RAM and it even benched at 7000MHz memory.

The cooler and backplate is stunning. :)

P.S. Those with 290 regular MSI Gaming, does it still have the backplate?

Associate
Whoop Whoop! Just had confirmation of delivery for tomorrow!! :D Having sold both 7850's in readiness for the ETA date of the 10th, I'm now suffering from BF4 withdrawal! :)

On a side note, did anyone else notice that the minute they arrived at the warehouse they dropped by £12 to £367.99? I've sent them a web note about it.

I put up a request in the CS section. I just this minute got my refund for the difference :)

Associate
Hi there

Just tested a 290X MSI, I am extremely impressed, 1200MHz core and 6800Mhz RAM and it even benched at 7000MHz memory.

The cooler and backplate is stunning. :)

P.S. Those with 290 regular MSI Gaming, does it still have the backplate?

Out of curiosity, did you achieve this via Afterburner or something else?

Associate
Close call. Both seem great. I reckon the Sapphire has the edge though.

Why? Both are cool, MSI might be quieter and the Tri X has no Backplate.
Here in Germany both cost the same (385€) but the Tri X comes with BF4.

What about your Temps Gibbo?

Edit: Matt you showed, that Memory OC is not worth it (for Gaming), so i think the Lightning Card is no option if you have that things in mind.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why? Both are cool, MSI might be quieter and the Tri X has no Backplate.
Here in Germany both cost the same (385€) but the Tri X comes with BF4.

I've seen many excellent reviews for the Sapphire card. Cool, quiet, fast and in all of the reviews the card has overclocked further than 1200 core. It also seems to run the coolest when overclocked. However is it worth the extra money over this one? Debatable.

T2A44gE.png

Source
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...B-Graphics-Card-Review/Clock-Speeds-Cooling-a

I don't think you can go wrong with either card they're both superb, but the cooling potential of the Sapphire is better. It has an extra fan after all. ;)

Last edited:
Associate
guys please. whats the safe recommended temp under load ? and what temp does the throttling start?
im asking because i will be receiving my card in the next hour and want to overclock a little bit
thanx

Back
Top Bottom