• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** MSI 290X LIGHTNING IS NOW AVAILABLE!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Many have waited a very long time for this card, and now here it is:-

MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning Edition 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £529.99 inc VAT

GX-237-MS_400.jpg

The MSI R9 290X Lightning is a genuine contender as a powerful gaming card. Not quantified by "for a Radeon", this thing is fast, full stop. Easy, and rewarding to overclock with a fantastic cooler and every option you could want. It's Brilliant. It's Rapid. It's Yellow. It's a worthy winner of our OC3D Gold Award and the best Radeon card on the market today.

Features:-
- Triple Level Signals: Show the real time GPU load by different colours
- TriFrozr Thermal Design: Triple PWM fans with independent control system on
- Pure Digital PWM Control: Digitally controlled GPU, Memory and VDDC.
- Twin BIOS: Seperated BIOS chips for regular use and LN2 overclocking.
- Enhanced Power: 12 GPU phases and 3 memory phases on a custom designed 12 layers PCB for amazing overclocking potential.
- Military Class 4 Components pass MIL-STD-810G certificatiomn for best stability and quality.
- Equipped with CopperMOS, Hi-C CAPS, New SFC and All Dark Solid CAPs.
- Triple Overvoltage: Total control with GPU, Memory and PLL voltage adjustment.
- Triple Temp Monitor: Real time monitoring of GPU, Memory and PLL Conditions.
- V-Check point: For direct and accurate read-out of GPU, memory and PLL voltage.

Specification:-
- Radeon R9 290X
- GPU: Hawaii XT
- Stream Processors: 2816
- ROPS: 64
- Core Speed: 1080MHz
- Memory Speed: 5000Mhz
- Memory interface: 512-Bit
- Memory capacity: 4096MB GDDR5
- PCI-Express X16 lane required
- 750W or greater PSU required
- Power Connectors: 2x 8-pin + 1x 6-pin required
- Warranty: 3yr
- Download PDF Presentation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kkxjuw2a0n421v/R9 290X LIGHTNING Infokit 1_0 - PDF Version.pdf

Only £529.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Check out the PDF presentation, it is very good! :)

Soldato
It looks like (they are pre-binned), yes.

1.4GHZ @ 1.4v got my attention, I assume that is an LN2 clock but still impressive for 290X.

Pinch of salt time but at least they will be in stock :)

Don't really agree with paying a 100% deposit for a non-shipping product so I will wait for end-user reviews and news of ek waterblocks.

Soldato
I take it the EK blocks won't fit these?

If EK's previous on Lightning blocks is anything to go by you have anything from a 2 to 6 month wait :)

Though like the 780 LTG it will come with a mosfet plate designed for LN2 pots and universal waterblocks.

I really hope MSI don't screw everyone over with the 'LN2' bios this time, in that it actually has no OCP, no limits, not just a tarted up stock bios.

Soldato
If EK's previous on Lightning blocks is anything to go by you have anything from a 2 to 6 month wait :)

Though like the 780 LTG it will come with a mosfet plate designed for LN2 pots and universal waterblocks.

I really hope MSI don't screw everyone over with the 'LN2' bios this time, in that it actually has no OCP, no limits, not just a tarted up stock bios.

Urgh. Would be impulse buying as it is, really need it on water

Soldato
its a fair - but odd price-point

makes a 319 Sapphire Tri-X look silly cheap

but at other end - would you buy one of these over say a pre-OC 780Ti ?

I'm not sure either way - not sure which way to jump atm

Soldato
You're buying this card mainly for its uprated PCB and sammy ic for overclocking potential so compared to a factory clocked reference 780ti this card should trump it. In actual fact you're much better off looking at it that way than comparing it to the Tri X and other 290 alternatives. Assuming most of these will do decent clocks lol.

Soldato
Urgh. Would be impulse buying as it is, really need it on water

Occasionally EK get blocks out real quick, but in my experience with EK and Lightning blocks specifically, you could be in for a wait.

its a fair - but odd price-point

makes a 319 Sapphire Tri-X look silly cheap

but at other end - would you buy one of these over say a pre-OC 780Ti ?

I'm not sure either way - not sure which way to jump atm

Depends if you plan on clocking the absolute snot out of it, preferably on water. If not just go for a nice OC edition card.

Soldato
Occasionally EK get blocks out real quick, but in my experience with EK and Lightning blocks specifically, you could be in for a wait.

Depends if you plan on clocking the absolute snot out of it, preferably on water. If not just go for a nice OC edition card.

Yep. I was contemplating getting a single Classy Ti but would make more sense to mix it up a bit and trample the Ti ref cards on the other side of the fence. Although that cooler is a lot of fancy to just go to waste lol

Back
Top Bottom