• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI 3080 Ventus 3X OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I managed to order one today. Coming on Monday.

Has anyone got one of these? What are the temps like and does it OC well?

Will post some pics and benchmarks when I get it for those interested.

Associate
OP
I wonder if it's same as Zotac, they've done it on purpose to separate low end. Might sell mine on or return depending on situation.

Even the gaming X trio has a power limit. 3080s don't overclock well anyway. The performance difference isn't likely to be massive.

Associate
OP
I paid 730 for my Ventus, I don't know if I'm just going to be impacted by benchmarks and been lower down the stack? Most games now there is no issue at stock, but what if we get games where running at 50 on FE and this is doing 40 or 45, big diffo.

Hmm.. that's the thing.

I'm thinking the same. In the short term you have a card whereas most people don't. But in the long term do you really want the lowest end one. What would you do if you sell it?

I don't want to be one of those people who sell it for £££. But then again I don't want to sell it for what I paid and have nothing. If I could swap it for an asus tuf I would.

I think I'll keep it until the stock replenishes and then just sell it and pay the £50-100 to upgrade.

Associate
OP
There is a benchmark of this card at 3440x1440 hitting 82c with the gpu using 97% i though it should flat line at 100%?
Case used is corsair X570 which I have no experience with I'm using a lian li dynamic xl with 10 120mm fans Including the 3 on my aoi.
Any comments as I have this on pre order

Tbh my gaming X trio 2080ti hit 80 degrees at stock all the time.

Associate
OP
Have I paid the most for this card than anyone at 730?

Keep us posted with results any of yous that gets yours. Hopefully maybe a bios mod or something might come out at some point as in theory the card should be able to go more than 100 of power limit surely.

I'd probably opt for a more aggressive fan curve as I'm not demanding silence

I paid 685. Same. I will be amending the fan curve as I don't mind noise as much as heat.

Associate
OP
Ok got the ventus!

I'm getting around 64 degrees at 85% fan speed. It doesn't sound too loud either. Hardly hear it when playing games and my computer is right next to me. Plus my flat is very warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom