• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition - How To Unlock The Power ***

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
OP
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
OP
Thanks for backing me up a bit Helios, I'm sorry if you got cards that don't unlock. I'm trying to get an official response from the guys that wrote the guide. My current understanding is that whilst the shader unlock does not work, due to issues beyond our control, the BIOS should still bypass AMD's artificial clock speed/power limits. This should make the card one of, if not the, most overclockable 6950s currently available.

You may be right about the laser cutting, I cannot think of any other explanation.

Needless to say that I did not intentionally mislead anybody. I merely answered a question to the best of my knowledge based on information that was at the time I received it, and to my knowledge still was, totally accurate. :(

For now I can offer those of you who bought the card since the announcement a free copy of Lara Croft: Guardian of light & Stalker: Call of Pripyat (trust me your invoice number & address details)

Last edited:
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
OP
again, I'm sorry guys, the info was accurate when the cards were first released, which wasnt all that long ago. unfortunately now it seems, along with every other 6950, it's been hit by the AMD suckerpunch

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom