• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI GTX 1070, Bad cooling card?

Associate
Hi All,

i have been given a Freebie MSI GTX 1070 Aero card and over christmas have built a cheap AM4 build in the Meshlicious case with it. As a quite PC its fine, its way better than what i had. However i do worry about the card and how effective it is at dissipating heat in this case inparticular beng vertical mounted.

Games so far have been ok, but i tried it with Unreal 5 and even with a empty fresh scene its already at 70 degress which i wouldn't expect. UE5 is demading compared to UE4. i know they recommend a 2000 series minimum for UE5 so its probably why.

I was thinking today maybe switching cases to the Nr200P for a better exhaust for the card but think its probably more the card than the case. Am i right in thinking its more this card with having a pretty poor cooling design with only one fan, encased in plastic?

defo when i get a new card i'll be getting a tri fan one like a windforce.

Thanks

P

Yeah done all that. The other thing I am hearing is an electrical noise from the graphics card when using unreal. When I stop or switch from the program it stops. Obviously it's pulling a lot of juice but worried by the sound from the card.

I was thinking today maybe switching cases to the Nr200P for a better exhaust for the card but think its probably more the card than the case. Am i right in thinking its more this card with having a pretty poor cooling design with only one fan, encased in plastic?
Blower cards don't have a great reputation, part of why they're hard to get, but I don't know anything about this particular model.

I'd see if you can get a nice stable ~875mV undervolt going in the high 1800MHz range for GPU core, and add some mem frequency on if you have the headroom, will reduce the coilwhine, and the heat, therefore fan noise.

Back
Top Bottom