• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI GTX970 and Nvidia Drivers problem

Not sure why everyone is so upset with this issue? Mine polls the same as everyone else but I haven't had any other issues with this card.

Just noticed I have the same problem. Really fed up with MSI. Never again.
And this was just posted on the official MSI forum (regarding the other issue of the fan not even turning on):

Unbelievable.

Anyway instead of rolling back I've set a custom curve with them always spinning @30%

Am I reading that right? An employee posted that?

From what I have read over at the Geforce forums...

Josh@NVIDIA said:
MSI has addressed this via a VBIOS update, you can get the VBIOS update with the MSI tool here:

http://us.msi.com/page/Live-Update-6-Manual

...although, as yet there is no update showing, but the Rep repiled to that....

Josh@NVIDIA said:
will likely be available soon then, keep an eye on it.

I would make sure you have the latest version of MSI Live update, a new version was put up on the 27th of October v6.0.011.

Version: 6.0.011 Build Date: 2014.10.24
Description:
  1. Update MSI_LiveUpdate_Service v1.0.0.6
  2. Update MSISetup v2.0.222
  3. Update NVFlash tool and workflow.
  4. Modify Intel X99 driver version comparison function.
Click >> http://us.msi.com/page/Live-Update-6-Manual

I reckon it was a publicity stunt by MSI / Nvidia, to show how quick they can fix any issues lol. :) :) :)

Added from the other thread...
We've been working with MSI and MSI has notified us they will be providing the update through the LiveUpdate utility soon to customers.

Please make sure you have the utility installed.
Click link >> https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/786710/geforce-drivers/344-48-and-344-60-fan-problems-with-gtx-980-msi-gaming-help-/5/

Last edited:
The Official MSI BIOS fix has finally arrived >> https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=184740.0

Note: Their are 3 different ones for the GTX 970, and 4 different ones for the GTX 980, so make sure you check your serial number on the side of your MSI box, and download the correct BIOS!

I'm guessing it will eventually be put on MSI Live Update. I've tried the new BIOS and it works perfectly. :cool:

Last edited:
Well done for the heads up Nelly, mine has been updated now and all seems well.

Nice to see the fan speed at 0% and no longer 1% when at idle.

No more polling noted, using the 344.65 drivers.

I was going to do this but a few posts on that site and the German one keep repeating that they are not MSi. A few people seem to have had issues with the bios and MSi have said they have not released any GPU bios updates and if so it would be by Liveupdate and any other method would void the warranty.

I'm sure it's all ok but I'm going to wait for MSi to release the live update version. I run the fan at %30 at idle so not to much of an issue for me.

I was going to do this but a few posts on that site and the German one keep repeating that they are not MSi. A few people seem to have had issues with the bios and MSi have said they have not released any GPU bios updates and if so it would be by Liveupdate and any other method would void the warranty.

I'm sure it's all ok but I'm going to wait for MSi to release the live update version. I run the fan at %30 at idle so not to much of an issue for me.

Hopefully they will be ok. I just went of what was written here...

....it states that these are from MSI but I do take your point.

My understanding is that these are official and simply released ahead of live update. This is also confirmed in that these are actually stamped as newer 112 where as my older one was 111.

By all means of course wait for liveupdate. However I've heard concerns raised with using Liveupdate as it can sometimes push the wrong bios to people.

Either way all fixed here and no issues in using the official ones posted on the forum.

I checked this BIOS versus the current one with MaxwellBiosTweaker and it just appears to have the changes that a forum member suggested. ie set the minimum fan RPM to 0 from 23.

Not sure these are legit, I think I will wait for the MSI live update and stick to the 344.16 driver as it is working fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom